Best small 1xAA, forward clicky with pocket clip.?

4EN[sic]

Newly Enlightened
Trying to get my buddy into this flashlight thing so I don't have to suffer this illness alone! It is my duty to hunt down the perfect light for him. He wants AA (1xAA for compactness) because he gets them free at work and would prefer a clip. A clicky is almost a must, he doesn't like twisties. The brighter the better and number of modes doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumapower Connexion (link) is a good candidate: 1 x AA, forward clickie and a clip. It has a simple UI and a nice tint. I am very happy with mine. :)

jbviau

Enlightened
What about a Fenix L1T v2.0? I've heard good things. You could also get an L1D and buy the forward clicky as an accessory.

4EN[sic]

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I had one of those Fenix lights, and still have an L0D. No clip though, which would otherwise be a damn near perfect light for him.

Marduke

Flashaholic
The clip off the Gerber Infinity Ultra, the 1xAA River Rock at Target, or the 2xAA Rayovac Sportsman Extreme/Highbeam all fit 1xAA lights perfectly, such as the L1D, NDI, etc.

mejesster

Newly Enlightened
I really like my Proton pro, but it's a side clicky, not a tailcap clicky. I prefer it that way, but your friend may not. Comes with a clip. It's pretty awesomely bright (comparable to the connexion or fenix) and also has a red LED for night use. Beam is a bit ringy with the smooth reflector and it faintly buzzes on lower levels. I believe this_is_nascar posted a really extensive review thread some time ago.

Zeige

Enlightened
I really like the Nitecore D10 and clips are being made for it soon, along with trits :) Per 4Sevens.

4EN[sic]

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a D10 and was trying to convince my buddy to get one. Since a clip is coming, that might be perfect! I love the form factor of the D10, I just hope the button works better than the EX10 I just sent back.