Personalizing D10/EX10, NOT upgrade

ruriimasu

Enlightened
Hi guys,

This is not about modding/upgrading. I was wondering anyone of you personalized your D10/EX10? I am thinking of laser-engraving my initials on the button piston itself, but will it cause any damage to it? Anyone managed to attached a tritium to it and it does not look out of place or prone to breakage? If you do, can you upload a picture of it so I can copy? :D

.. actually I was thinking whether there are tritiums that fit into the 4 small holes at the tail.. or maybe some tritium makers can custom make a tritium ring that fits the groove of the tail end (the area between the piston button and the tail end body) but leave a gap in the tritium ring so a split ring can still be fixed to one of the holes :popcorn:

Last edited:

Niconical

Enlightened
I'm just going from memory, I can't find any specific links to back it up, but I think fenixstore offer laser engraving, and there are also plans for a tritium addition to the pistons.

ruriimasu

Enlightened
I'm just going from memory, I can't find any specific links to back it up, but I think fenixstore offer laser engraving, and there are also plans for a tritium addition to the pistons.

i dont think i am sending my piston back to fenix for engraving.. wish i knew they had this service before they shipped out my light :shakehead: anyway, if the new piston is cheap, in the range of $15 (with tritium included), i might get it. but i was actually thinking, the true purpose of the tritium was to locate the flashlight in darkness and if the tritium was hidden at the tail-end and the flashlight head (switched off) is facing u, you would not see the glow from the tritium right? so i think it is still better to somehow slot the tritiums into 3 of the small holes. :D

ruriimasu

Enlightened
&
add Gas for $2.19 per gallon to that wishlist.

yeah.. i know.. im asking too much :D what i really hope for is some small tritiums to fit into the 4 small holes or a ring of tritium to fit the groove :D

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I personalized my light with a thermal label on the flat part of the bezel, with my name & phone # in case the light is lost.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have GITD sheet on the button. Works well, glows all night, much cheaper than Trit. Will eventually mix some GITD epoxy and put it in a circle around the button. The glow sheet I have now has wimpy glue and only lasts a month or two before it falls off.

ruriimasu

Enlightened
I have GITD sheet on the button. Works well, glows all night, much cheaper than Trit. Will eventually mix some GITD epoxy and put it in a circle around the button. The glow sheet I have now has wimpy glue and only lasts a month or two before it falls off.

hi dave, where can i get this GITD with international shipping? do you mind to post pictures of your light with it to share with us? thanks

ruriimasu

Enlightened
hey guys, i found this GITD glow rings from DX http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.7319 Not sure how long they will glow for, but I put an order for a pack to try out. It wont be going to my D10's head thats for sure (this when EX10 has a clear + over D10 :sigh: ), but i will roll it over the body part where there is no knurling and see how it works out :D

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I have a GITD O-ring placed around the piston. You know in that empty space between the raised part with the holes in it and the raised part around the piston. It's hanging in there really well! Poor replacement for trit though.............

ruriimasu

Enlightened
i ordered a pack of ultra bright green GID powder. hmm.. i will post some pics when i finished "beautifying" my D10 after the powder reaches my home :devil:

jasonvk77

Newly Enlightened
A word of advice to the dude buying glow powder.I did the same thing and thought it would be fun/cool.Glow powder is cool on torches and keys.

But what ever you do don't put the powder in your hair gel/wax or any where near your pillows or sheets and blankets because its a b!@tch to get off.

I learned this on the night i received my glow powder.

Back on the topic now,:thumbsup:i put a gitd o-ring on my EX10.(as you can see in mt display pic)

ruriimasu

Enlightened
A word of advice to the dude buying glow powder.I did the same thing and thought it would be fun/cool.Glow powder is cool on torches and keys.

But what ever you do don't put the powder in your hair gel/wax or any where near your pillows or sheets and blankets because its a b!@tch to get off.

I learned this on the night i received my glow powder.

Back on the topic now,:thumbsup:i put a gitd o-ring on my EX10.(as you can see in mt display pic)

no way am i putting it on my hair :sick2:
btw does your GITD o-ring give a long glow?

ruriimasu

Enlightened
on a 10 second light charge it lasts for about 80 seconds.

thats not very good :thumbsdow: i think i will cancel my DX order then.. thanks. looking forward to receiving my GITD powder :D

Last edited: