Surefire X200 P7 + Aleph III

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had an X200 that I modded with a Seoul and Mcr20S reflector a while back. I ended up selling it to a good friend. I really miss the light a lot! It used the stock driver board and was just a really bright nice light with a great beam. Anyway, I had bought an empty X200 body a few months ago and have been wanting to do something with it. I already had 3 different tailcaps but wanted to be able to use E-series heads(that will be next)and with the release of the P7, was itching to put one in there. I realized the small bezel would only allow for a "mule" type beam. The "adaptor collor" is not compatible with any other bezels so I had to think outside the box..Luckily Surefire only uses so many different thread sizes and I was able to find that an incandecent E-series head with the top bezel removed screws into the X200 body:thumbsup:. Next I had to cut the E-series bezel in half. I dont have a lathe but I do have a Tig welder so I cut the top portion off of one of my "Ribbed For Your Pleasure" bodies and used that for the other half, allowing E-series bezels to be screwed onto the X200. The two parts were welded together and filed slightly. I will finish it to look nice and Dura-Coat it Black. The adaptor looks Ugly as hell but gets the job done....and will look better soon.
I used one of the Kia drivers that I bought from darkzero for the P7. I used a tower module heatsink with the tower removed to mount the P7. There is a small aluminum slug that goes in through the bottom to provide addition heatsinking(not much). The heatsink is inserted into the adaptor and the Aleph III screws down onto the P7.
I will be able to use this on my bike as well:twothumbs I know there isn't much heatsinking, but it will only be used for short amounts of time.

I included some beamshots with an E2DL, Streamlight TLR-2 and the "X200P7-Turbo"

This is very easy to take back apart. I plan to also use this light to be E-series compatible with a 2-cell E-series/Aleph Bezels:naughty: I've always wanted an X200 type light that will accept E-series bezels....now I've got it!!:party:

- X200 Host
- P7
- AMC7135 Driver
- Aleph III/ Mcr38
- Top of an incandect E-series bezel (cut off)
- Top of one of my "Ribbed For Your Pleasure" Bodies (Cut and welded to the E-series Bezel to make the adaptor needed
- Tower module heatsink with tower removed

Ribbed body and E-series bezel before
002-9.jpg

003-5.jpg

E-series Bezel and Ribbed body After-Ugly but effective
004-7.jpg

006-2.jpg

Heatsink-
007-4.jpg

009-8.jpg

010-2.jpg

Size comparison
011-3.jpg

Sorry my beamshots suck! I'll try to get better ones tomorrow, It's getting light out already.

Surefire E2DL

019-5.jpg

Streamlight TLR-2 mossed with Seoul

020-1.jpg

X200P7-Turbo

021-3.jpg

Last edited:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Works well as a bike light. Just took it for a cruz earlier and combined with the SR switch (mounted on the handle bar), it is a great addition for night riding.

032.jpg

033-2.jpg

roguesw

Enlightened
X200 on steroids!!!!, awesome, with the McR38 reflector, is there a huge spill as well as intense hotspot?

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
X200 on steroids!!!!, awesome, with the McR38 reflector, is there a huge spill as well as intense hotspot?

Yes the spill is huge, but the hotspot is not super intense. Very nice beam overall:D
Thanks for the compliments guys!:wave: