Arc LSH-p vs Eterna-lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

firestarter

Newly Enlightened
I'm trying to get an idea of what kind of output the Arc LS has. I've seen the Eternalite and Lightwave 2000, is the LS about the same, more light, more throw...?

Also for LS owners, I'm working on a very limited budget and see that for the price of an LSH-p and could get a Pelican M6, Infinity Ultra, plus several PT's. Which way would you go (I know, I know, get them both- but that's not an option right now).

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got one of the old 4 led light wave lights from 3 years ago and the arc lsh at least is way way brighter. The H version is several times brighter.

inverno

Newly Enlightened
My Eternalite EliteMax, in overdrive mode, is about as bright as my Arc SLS. Done visually, that means no more than a factor of two difference in lumens, probably.

In general any at-spec luxeon should be brighter than 4 5mm LEDs, the claim being that it's as bright as 10 or more. The Eternalight, from how warm its LEDs get even at normal 100%, is overdriving pretty hard.

So the simple answer is, at least as bright, and probably noticeably brighter with the current Arc LSs.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
LS should be a lot brighter than 4 5mm leds.
My general terms to compare luxeons with 5mm leds was that 5mm led only put out 1 lumens, maybe more while the LS puts out at least 18 lumens or more.

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are always gonna wonder what the LSH-P is like then you will eventually get one, so buy it and screw the cheap *** lights. I usually spend good money on something that I know is gonna nag me till I buy it rather than just going the cheap satiation route. I have a PM6 and it's a good light for the cabbage but heavy and I still use my SF C2-HA every day instead. I just saved till I could get the best I could afford. I now love my LSH-P and the size of the little ******* makes it the coolest little Luxeon (with great throw for a 1x123) I've seen. I carry an Arc AAA LE and LSH-P, Surefire C2 plus a G2 in my courier bag and all other lights and accessories that I buy are just for the novelty of it. You know out of curiosity or for comparison or just to upgrade etc. I'll probably end up buying a couple of the new Streamlights when they hit the market in july, but these I'll just buy with spare cash (as if any of it is spare, he he). I say fill your necessities first with the absolute best lights you can get then get what catches your fancy or is novel with spare bread when you can. I personally would have way too many lights if I bought cheap first and then had to keep on buying uprade lights. I myself was fortunate enough to already have owned a Surefire G2, C2-HA , M3, CMG infinity red and an Inova X5 before I even found the forums and I have only purchased a Pelican M6, Arc AAA LE and LSH-P since I joined the forums at the begining of the year although I still would like to upgrade my Minimags with mods, although I think I'll continue to carry my same EDC's due to the fact that they just kick *** and are small enough and comfortable enough to continue using them till things get smaller and brighter, which judging by the way Larry's new 1x123 shopmade luxeon looks won't be too far off...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Just wanted to add that the last PT I bought was an Attitude that two of the LEDs died on less than thirty seconds after I loaded the batteries in after leaving the front door of the store, not to mention the very blue cast the supposedly white LEDs had. I turned around marched back into the store and got my money back. You really do get what you pay for!

Later,
TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
TSG68 said---Just wanted to add that the last PT I bought was an Attitude that two of the LEDs died on less than thirty seconds after I loaded the batteries in after leaving the front door of the store, not to mention the very blue cast the supposedly white LEDs had. I turned around marched back into the store and got my money back. You really do get what you pay for! ---
Any light can go bad some of the Arc's have had problems also. I have had an Attitude (the light) for a while and I like it, though I prefer my Ultra. The Attitude could be returned for repair for life though.
Firestarter -- it depends on what you need, I do fine with a moderate output LED some people need an HID. I don't have or need an Arc LS (now the LS4 is a very much wanted light). I did get a Reactor 3 and I'm sure the output is similar (not as good). The R3 is quite a bit brighter than any other LED light I have by a factor of at least 3. So go with what you need first but realize, like TSG said /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif , you probably will get the light you want eventually.
My plan is to wait on the perfect light. The Arc LS4? Maybe. But then there will be something better. Sort of like buying a computer.

B@rt

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Wits' End said:
My plan is to wait on the perfect light. The Arc LS4? Maybe. But then there will be something better. Sort of like buying a computer.

[/ QUOTE ]

How true... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
[ QUOTE ]
tsg68 said:Just wanted to add that the last PT I bought was an Attitude that two of the LEDs died on less than thirty seconds after I loaded the batteries in after leaving the front door of the store...

[/ QUOTE ]
--------------------
I also bought one recently and it did the exact same thing! Got it promptly replaced, I do like it! I wonder if they had a little "QC" problem??

Gone Jeepin

Enlightened
My LSH-P is brighter than my Elite Xray. The Elite's beam is very blue compared to the clean white beam of the LSH-P. The LSH is an pocket carry type of EDC and I carry the Xray in my bag. Both lights have their place and use to me. I typically grab the Arc first, then, if needed I grab a bigger work light or longer burning light.

Status
Not open for further replies.