Tiablo A9 vs Surefire M6 (MN20-250lumens)

22hornet

Enlightened
Hello,

Recently I acquired a Tiablo A9 and am quite happy with it :). A question I keep asking myself is how it stands up next to a Surefire M6 (MN20-250lumens), provided the Tiablo is rated at 256 lumens.
Has there already been any thread that compares these lights?

Kind regards,
Joris

PS: are the A9 and A8 out of production?

yalskey

Enlightened
I bet you anything that the M6 blows it out... especially on fresh batteries, as it is not regulated.

Remember Surefire lumens are out the front, and most other lights are emitter lumens. About a 30% reduction. Plus, Surefire always under-rates and over delivers.

Of coarse the Tiablo would probably have a smaller spot I'm thinking.

Beamshots anyone?

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello,

Recently I acquired a Tiablo A9 and am quite happy with it :). A question I keep asking myself is how it stands up next to a Surefire M6 (MN20-250lumens), provided the Tiablo is rated at 256 lumens.
Has there already been any thread that compares these lights?

Kind regards,
Joris

PS: are the A9 and A8 out of production?
The MN20 spits out way more than 250 lumens. It's more like 400 lumens on fresh cells.

generic808

Enlightened
I don't have an A9 but let me tell you this, the M6 w/LOLA is still a monster. I find myself using this set-up about 90% of the time and it is way more than enough light. As yalskey said, Surefire underrates their numbers and the MN20 is very bright.

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
As has been said, the Tiablo is overrated and the SF underrated - the lumens really aren't comparable. Not exactly a surprise, as the SF uses 3x the batteries :duh2:

Since the A9 is a very good thrower, is probably throws at least as well, if not better, than the M6. The difference would be in hotspot size and spill intensity.

(I had the A9 and haven't seen the M6)

22hornet

Enlightened
Hello,
Thanks for your insight and replies but does anyone know thereal output of a Tiablo. It's rated at 256 lumens and FWIW it seems to do very well.
Could it be that it actually has an 256 lumens output?

Kind regards,
Joris

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Maybe at the emitter if they are driving it at around 1.2 amp. Probably 200 lumen at most out the front.

generic808

Enlightened
Maybe at the emitter if they are driving it at around 1.2 amp. Probably 200 lumen at most out the front.

werd.gif