Smith & Wesson 5 Watt Luxeon Rebel LED Tactical Flashlight

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
http://flashlightnews.org/story1352.shtml

Any body think this light would be worth looking in to? on the level of fenix? ( kinda reminds me of the E20....in output and runtime....)

"2 AA batteries for up to 2 hours. Consumers using 2 AA Lithium batteries cn expect up to 10 hours of run time" ---would those run times be possible?

kinda looks like a rayovac? extreame or something....

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Nuwai made, nearly idendical to ROV sportsman extreme. Low BIN Luxeon rebel emitter. Around 65-75 Lumens max. Yellow-ish tint, resembles low-setting sun, as opposed to a high-noon like tint of a properly driven Cree. Floody, widely dispersed hot spot at around 25 feet. Out-dated IMHO and not really worth the $$.

The ROV Extreme is on sale now at wally... $15-20 IIRC.

I would recommend an RC-N3 over it unless you specifically want a ~65 Lumen light, twist-on tailcap or a particularly floody beam.

;)

Last edited:

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
Thanks! yea we dont have a wally's around here. probably find a ROV at target or walmart or something,, or i'll wait for the fenix E20 reviews! thanks!

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Looks like a rebranded Nuwai.

Look into the Rayovac 2 AA light at Walmart(I think some people nickname it "wallys"). Probably a similar light for $20.

I'd also take the RC-N3 over it.

10 hours of regulated runtime is possible, with the Cree XR-E Q5, you'll get around 40 lumen out the front.

5 Watt Luxeon Rebel? Probably driven at a lower level.

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
Thanks!

didnt know wallyville/wallyworld/wally's was walmart! lol

i probably wont get the RC-N3 because i dont really like ordering from the internet....unless its certian sites..( i know im way too picky )

i probably will either get a couple of the E20, and maybe buy a ROV, now the question is...which one?! 1 watt or 3 watt?!

Latest posts