Fenix L0D

tophery

Newly Enlightened
Hi, i've been watching these threads and i see that the LOD CE Q4 is very popular among most of you. Would you suggest me to straight out buy the l0d Q4 right now w/ 10440, or wait for the future AAA models. But, it looks like the LF2X will be too hard to use, and the avenger seems somewhat big for an AAA. thanks.:p

hazna

Enlightened
I bought my LOD Q4 about a month ago. It comes it handy, i keep it on my keychain. I reckon buy it now... don't bother waiting.

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that the warranty is voided if the LOD is used with a 10440. Some have no problems though.

russwm

Newly Enlightened
It is a great little light. I would go ahead and get it now. You will be amazed at how much light it puts out.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:

L0D(-CE) on 10440 Li-Ion - Maybe there should be a big fat WARNING about this?
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/152107

from Anyone fry their L0D Q4 with a 10440 li-ion yet?
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2411120&postcount=38

L0D are rated 3.3V; 10440 are 4.2V off the charger.
10440s are rated 300 mAh, max safe discharge rate 600mA; discharge rate for L0D/10440 is 1200mA.

I would suggest running an L0D only with AAAs until you are more familiar with the dangers of lithium batteries and how to take care of them.

If you want a small very bright light look at the AA lights.
For example I am carrying a Ultrafire C3 Cree Q5 5-Mode with 14500.
Light is rated 1.5V~4.2V within the limits of 4.2V of a freshly charged 14500.
14500s are rated 700mAh, max discharge 1400 mA; 1200mA is still in safe area.
This light is slighter brighter than my L0D CE both AA vs AAA and 14500 vs 10440.
The modes are medium, low, high, strobe, SOS - sound familiar?
There are many other lights of better build quality that is equal or lower in price than a L0D.

konut

Newly Enlightened
Infrequent poster here. I was an early adopter of the LOD-CE. Not Q4. I use a Li-ion with no apparent adverse reaction. I see the CE is not offered anymore. The sense that I get from following the LOD threads is that the Q4s are more prone to problems with the Li-ions. I'm extremely happy with this light. If I was to purchase a light today, however, my choice would be the Nitecore D10. The clicky, infinite level adjustablity, and Li-ion compatabilty make it a compelling prospect. If I was more of a flashlight nerd I'd probably buy one, but the LOD-CE does everything I need it to.

4EN[sic]

Newly Enlightened
I would get one. The allure of waiting and getting a brighter/more efficient one is big, however I think it is more than adequate now. I got the L0Dce a while back and I use this little light more than all my others. I barely know I am carrying it and I don't think you can go wrong with the amount of light this sucker puts out in such an awesome form factor.

HunkaBurninLove

Newly Enlightened
I'm not sure of your use of the L0D, but I really enjoy mine. Nice and small but puts out an amazing amount of light in such a small form factor.

I don't mind the interface because it's pretty simple and the "medium" setting is more than adequate for my use. I'm using eneloops in mine because I don't want to fry it using Li-ions. The increased lumens is not worth the risk of damage to the light, IMHO.

portezbie

Newly Enlightened
Yeah its bright enough with alkaline or rechargeables. Its like carrying a real flashlight on your keychain. By that I mean its brighter than most incandescent lights just on medium, or at least all of my non-led's.

Centropolis

Enlightened
Hi, i've been watching these threads and i see that the LOD CE Q4 is very popular among most of you. Would you suggest me to straight out buy the l0d Q4 right now w/ 10440, or wait for the future AAA models. But, it looks like the LF2X will be too hard to use, and the avenger seems somewhat big for an AAA. thanks.:p

I have both and I will tell you what I think.

I would NOT recommend the use if 10440 with the L0D. There is really no need for it......use a AAA rechargeable and you'll be surprised how bright it already is.

The LF2X is complicated (relatively speaking - you REALLY have to be careful of using the c word on this forum trust me) to program at first. It has a lot more functions than the L0D and some people like that...some people don't. I personally don't mind it after spending an hour trying figure out how to program the thing. But the 10440 on this is very bright but not bright enough to make me sway away from using the L0D with just an AAA. Especially when you consider the price tag difference.

And of course, someone will tell you to buy both within the next 10 posts.....just a prediction....

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
A couple of years back, the L0D was the only real AAA light with a power emitter that you could put a 10440 in, so everyone did it despite the fact that occasionally one would cease to function.
Nowadays, there are AAA lights that are designed for a 10440, so IMO it makes far more sense to buy a light designed specifically for a 10440, rather than buy a light that just so happens to normally work with a 10440.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast

skip the Avenger, get the L0D CE Q4 then get the Streamlight Microstream for about $15 and combine the end cap switch with the Fenix for the Ultimate AAA or 10440 light!:thumbsup:

russwm

Newly Enlightened
I had somehow missed the part of your post about using a 10440. I use an eneloop AAA with mine, and keep it on my keychain. If you want to use a 10440, your should probably use a different light because you will be using it at your own risk on the LOD Q4.

If you are not married to the idea of using a 10440, then I highly recommend the lod q4, and recommend using an eneloop battery.

EXCALIBUR1

Newly Enlightened
I use my L0D Q4 with an Eneloop. It's perfect for most EDC encounters and fits well on my key chain.

kts

Enlightened
Just buy a P1D Q5 if you need more lumens, I always carry a LOD and a P2D Q5 in case I need more light :candle:

Last edited:

Hollow Man

Newly Enlightened
I bought one two weeks ago and use it w/an Eneloop on my keychain. It's great. I was amazed at how small and bright it is.

-HM