Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wolf Eyes D2AX Defender 4 Mode Cree Q5 HO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foreverunstopable

Newly Enlightened
I've read the posts, reviews, specs, ect. I'm having a hard time deciding, so much as to the point of pulling my hair out. This is a great forum. I stumbled across CPF looking for a light to carry and after hours of reading have narrowed it down to a few options. Reliable, forward click, output, efficiency, several output selections. I know everyone's opinion differs but thats what its boiling down to now. I know all would be great choices but I need that little extra to push me in the direction of just one light. Thats why there is the poll. Thanks in advance for helping me decide.

Last edited:

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
As you don't state for what, I'll make some assumptions and guess that, like me, you're looking for a small, carryable, general purpose light balancing the many factors of performance, flexibility, reliability, etc. and normalized by cost (we're not rich, huh...). So I would say: high end: Fenix L1D CE/Q4/Q5 from FenixStore (8% discount with CPF8 coupon, excellent customer service). Alternative would be a Fenix L0D-Q? from the same place if you want something tiny.

If you're cheap, I'd say the XJC B8 from Kaidomain ($13 or so, I like mine...).

If you're not like me, then someone else around here will no doubt be more like you.

Oh, and welcome...

Last edited:

Helmut.G

Enlightened
the new D10 (1xAA-sized battery) or EX10 (1xCR123-sized battery) from nitecore should be great carryable, bright and not too expensive starter lights
if you want an even brighter, longer throwing and very solid light (but of course also bigger) the Fenix TK11 should be great, but you'll also need 18650-sized lithium-ion rechargeables and a charger for that one
if it has to be really small get a 1xAAA light, for example the fenix L0D Q4
:welcome:

Marduke

Flashaholic
I've read the posts, reviews, specs, ect. I'm having a hard time deciding, so much as to the point of pulling my hair out. This is a great forum. I stumbled across CPF looking for a light to carry and after hours of reading have narrowed it down to a few options. Reliable, forward click, output, efficiency, several output selections. I know everyone's opinion differs but thats what its boiling down to now. I know all would be great choices but I need that little extra to push me in the direction of just one light. Thats why there is the poll. Thanks in advance for helping me decide.

:welcome:

It might help if you actually told us what those few options are in the way of what lights you are thinking of :poke:

We are not psychic after all :tinfoil:

Foreverunstopable

Newly Enlightened
I would be using the light daily and I'm not so concerned with the availability of batteries but using AA's is attractive. The forward click is a must for me and is the only reason the other Fenix lights aren't on this list. I really like the Surefire option but would like to know a little more about the best body for the M60. Out of the list the JETBeam Jet-III Pro 3 I.B.S. seems like it could replace my 3D Mag/led that goes with me everywhere but its a reverse click like the Fenix P/L series. I'm just having a hard time deciding.

On the above poll my spell check changed it to Nitecode from Nitecore. Sorry for the typo.

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, Foreverunstoppable.

I'm not sure this topic lends itself well to a poll. As you have already seen from some the replies, there are those who have other suggestions, and an attempt to limit CPFers to making a choice from just 7 specified lights is unlikely to be successful.

As it happens, there is already a thread running here on this subject, so I think this one can close and the discussion can continue there.

Status
Not open for further replies.