Funny story...and heart warming

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, I generally don't like my sister, but this just cracks me up. She's a pediatrician over in Albany, NY...works in the Children's Hospital there. One of her patients is a child with cancer. I only mention that because they have a Blog detailing their therapy and whatnot.

Anyway, I guess the kid's mom or something wrote in the blog a little bit about my sister and I'll post a part of it here.

The FUNNY part was that when my sister forwarded the page to my mom, my mom asked "Who is Dr. Tran?" Then my sister said "Mom! You don't know who Dr. Tran is?!?!?"...haha..hilarious. I guess we're not used to calling her by that.

From http://www.greendrakkoman.com/

6/21/2008...*snipped*... I worked with a young resident, Dr Tran, last night who made sure she was checking on him every 1 1/2 hours to make sure he was responsive. We are genuinely pushing this kid to the edge with this drug. Someday we will find a way to fight cancer that doesn't involve poisons. She stood by his bed and just kept pushing him and pushing him. Working with Stacey and/or me to get him to respond and follow a command. Checking and double checking reflexes and vital signs. Apologizing to me on the overnight for waking me. Celebrating with us when he would ultimately respond. It was another long night, but, not a bad night. He stopped receiving the ifosfomide sometime between 3 and 4 am.

*snipped*...I immediately changed the channel to one of the carttoon channels and handed it to him. I then went out to the nurses station and told Dr. Tran that Ben had just asked for the TV remote. Her smile was bright and beautiful.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
As I kept reading your post, something made it sound sooo familiar.... Then I realized what it was. One of the cable channels, possibly Comedy Central, had a promo a year or so ago. It featured Dr. Tran.
It was funny as Hell. :crackup:

.... And I just found it on youtube! :twothumbs

NSFW ~ A couple of 4-letter words in the vid.

LINK ~ http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FO0kRE5OTZI&feature=related

Last edited:

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's too funny, Monocrome!

I too have often been complimented on my big ...rooster.
rooster.jpg

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Send the link to your sister.

She'll either find it funny as Hell, or she gonna hate you. :D