EverLEDs - $32.99!

Mrdi

Enlightened
Will the EveLED replace the coleman 4.8V 0.7.5A Bulb in the coleman lantern powered by 4 D's ?
Could you drop it in a 2C mag?
Thanks,
[email protected]

Empath

Flashaholic
There is already an abundance of information here in these forums regarding your question. But in answer, yes it will serve as a direct replacement in most PR based flashlights and lanterns. Anything from 3 to 9 volt will power it (maybe even a one cell). The thing to watch for is polarity. Not all flashlights and lanterns have the proper polarity. The tip MUST be positive, and the base MUST be negative. If the polarity is wrong, it appears you can kiss your EverLED goodbye. About the only restrictions other than the flexible voltage, and the absolute essential polarity, is the physical dimensions. The Princeton Tec TEC20 and TEC40 apparently doesn't have sufficient clearance in the head, and it bumps the lens.

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doesn't bump the lens in my Tec 40. Beam's a bit more diffuse than I like.

I get the idea from my six (one of each color) that the QC on the length isn't so good. Mine are all about the same from the flange up to the LED, but very inconsistant from flange down to tip. Some are long enough to damage tip contacts on some lights that use flat (vs. coiled) springs as contacts.