Simple 1xAA EDC for wife?

Ivo

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for a simple button operated EDC AA for my wife. Non twisty, 1 or 2 light levels and maybe a strobe but not essential.

Any suggestions on what lights I should look at?

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
am no expert in this area, but i think a jetbeam would fit your requirements. For something cheaper but still reasonably bright, an Ultrafire C3 with the extension tube to turn it into a 2 x AA light would be good as well but its a 1 mode only, tailcap clicky switch.

Managed to squeeze in a 14500 protected cell and its a tight fit but gets a lot brighter (note 2 x 14500 cells will spoil the light)

kurni

Enlightened
Edit: just noticed you're in AU, I have been buying a few Fenixes from this store.

Fenix L1T V2 has 2 modes: tail clickie to turn on / off, head twist for high / low.

Fenix L1D (any models) have 5 modes using combination of tail clickie and head twist: low, med, high, SOS, turbo & strobe.

Fenix has been known to have the most efficient driver (e.g. very little power loss).

Cheers,
Kurni

Last edited:

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumapower LM31 (link) is perfect for this application, simple, two levels, clickie, nothing to twist, wide white beam. My wife loves it. :kiss:

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think NDI (Silver) could be a good choice (it looks like a Jewell), it's got two light levels as well as a 'defender' mode. Sharp bezel might help when in need...

Last edited:

Wolf359

Enlightened
UJC-B6 $14.99 i have 10 of these i like them so much.
first click low
second click high
third click off
no sos/strobe thank god

i like that it starts on low then goes to high if needed, have give one to every member of my family and even my mother EDC's hers, which is wierd as she always forgets here mobile phone and not the light.

only issue i have had was that the tailcap needed to be screwed in abit more on 2 of them.

bltkmt

Enlightened
Lumapower LM31 (link) is perfect for this application, simple, two levels, clickie, nothing to twist, wide white beam. My wife loves it. :kiss:

+1 on the LM31...I gave this one to my (then) 85-yr old father for Fathers Day...he loves it. Very simple to use and nice useful beam.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Investigate the Lumapower ... IncenDio and ConneXion lights. Each has a clip to attatch to pockets inside a purse. Very bright , 3-level forward clicky , long run time. Looks similar to a lipstick tube.Very clean lines design, but not too long.
Good purse size.

Last edited:

Triple A

Newly Enlightened
+1 L1T V 2.0. Excellent light, with a GREAT beam pattern. (Wide spot- no tunnel vision.) VERY simple to operate, and more than enough light. Love this little light!

jag-engr

Enlightened
I've got several Fenix lights floating around, but I think that one of my wife's favorites is still a UltraFire AA Cree (I forget the model number).

For about $15, it's a very good light.

smg

Newly Enlightened
+1 L1T V 2.0. Excellent light, with a GREAT beam pattern. (Wide spot- no tunnel vision.) VERY simple to operate, and more than enough light. Love this little light!
+1.
I don't do reverse clickies. The L1T Q2 is a great, simple light with a very nice beam.

RebelXTNC

Enlightened
You can also get a forward clicky from Battery Junction to install in the LM31/LM33. Advantages are it's a forward clicky.
Disadvantages: It's high mode only, and it could get drained more easily if something in a purse is pushing on the button enough to activate. It also requires the protruding switch cover, which won't tailstand.
The one I put in my LM33 is much easier to switch than the standard 2-level reverse clicky, which was pretty stiff especially if using the flat rubber cover.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Probably the Ultrafire C3 if it is 1 AA. The main problem I hear about this light is that it hates drops. But if she doesn't mind that, the Stainless Steel version might be good.

I'd pick something with a lower mode, so I'd suggest the LM31 or Fenix L1T V2.0. There was a lower priced light(under $20) with a two mode clickie too but I don't remember the model.

marschw

Newly Enlightened
Probably the Ultrafire C3 if it is 1 AA. The main problem I hear about this light is that it hates drops. But if she doesn't mind that, the Stainless Steel version might be good.
I've got a light with the same body but different electronics (the SacredFire one on KD), and I love its feel. Very sturdy. The kind of look and feel that someone who doesn't know what CPF, EDC, L1P and so forth are will think was much more expensive.

Rzr800

Enlightened
My wife carries the well regulated NDI (simple push on /twist for low) and an E01 (battery sipper) for backup.