How do you primarily use your NiteCore EX10/D10?

How do you primarily use your NiteCore EX10/D10?

• Total voters

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
After heavily using my D10 as my EDC ever since I got it, I can't heap enough praise on this light. It's so practical and useful, and I've got the tactile feedback of the piston down perfectly, so I can dim it, go to max, ramp up or down the brightness at will. I'm at the point where I can control it with precision every single time - 100% (versus when I got it at first and was about 60-70% precision, which increased steadily and quickly over the course of a few days).

I mostly use the light as a clicky. I'm not a big fan of twisties in general because I'm not very coordinated with a single hand to turn the bezel. Momentary is okay but then I lose the ability to easily ramp down or go to min. I find with the clicky mode, I can easily turn on the light for just a fraction of a second and turn it off again, by quickly double clicking. Just as fast as momentary and I still am able to do all the other stuff normally.

This, truly, is the perfect light for me. :party:

I'm curious how the rest of you use your NiteCore EX10/D10...as a clicky, twisty, or momentary?

ruriimasu

Enlightened
Actually in momentary mode, you can have quick access to min and max and even ramp it up and down to desired brightness. Well, maybe not desired as it really is difficult to do it in momentary mode, but it can be done (though not stated in the manual).

Btw, I dont really get to use my D10 so often as where i stay, everywhere is brightly lit. So i usually flash my D10 in min mode at my hamster in the dark and played with her :lolsign:

Slorg

Newly Enlightened
Actually in momentary mode, you can have quick access to min and max and even ramp it up and down to desired brightness. Well, maybe not desired as it really is difficult to do it in momentary mode, but it can be done (though not stated in the manual).

Actually going to max is much easier than going to minimum. I'm using this "feature", too.

Since i got my TK10 in case i'll need more brightness, i usually use my EX10 on low.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Twisty is to hard to turn,I have now broke all the orings,tried every lube,still doesnt work smoothly.I tried all mt spare orings,but noe are proper size.I guss Ill call 7777 or maybe try home depot.

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Getting it to change back to low (from max) while in momentary mode sucks, so I'm sticking with the ease of clicky mode.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use mine like I use my McLux. I twist for on/off and I use the piston for momentary. I also use the light more as an adjustable single stage. It usually stay at about 10 lumens and I ramp up and down depending on the need. Min and max are not used that often.

jag-engr

Enlightened
I went to New York just after I got my EX10, so it hasn't seen much carry yet, but I think that I will be carrying it primarily at minimum and then ramping up as needed for each task. I rarely have a sudden need for a bright light.

My favorite thing about this light is the low level of light it emits at its lowest setting. Once the pistons come out with tritium inserts, they will be great nightlight flashlights.

The jump to minimum works very well for me, but the jump to maximum seems to have about a 50% success rate.

As a general rule, I ignore the fact that it could be used as a twisty or momentary on.