DBS v2 Problem..Help...

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
I have had my DBS v2 now for 3 days and I really love this light. Now with that said, I would like to know if anyone else with a DBS v2 is or has experienced the problem I am having.
I have the 3SD pill and when I turn the light on high everything is working fine but when I switch to Med or Low, I start to get a lot of flickering and the squealing is very loud and it too changes as the light flickers. I originally thought it might be the switch so I installed the spare one that comes with the light. At first I thought thats what it was because it seems that the flickering stopped after the change. Nope... The light would not even turn back on a few hours later. I have to loosen the tail cap or head alittle and tighten it back up and then the light will come back on, but the flickering and the squealing is still there. I have cleaned, re-lubed all threads, tried 2 other brand new AW 18650 batteries (4.19 volts) with the same results.
So I ask, is there something else I can try to resolve this problem or do I have a defective pill. When I had my DBS v1 with the 3SD pill I had no problems at all and I never noticed the squeal that everyone else has until I received the V2.
I guess I will contact Alan to see what can be done.

Thanks

Last edited:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could be a bad pill. Contact Alan. Do you have any deoxit? If so you could try treating all the contact points to see if that helps.

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
Could be a bad pill. Contact Alan. Do you have any deoxit? If so you could try treating all the contact points to see if that helps.

Don't have any deoxit but I might stop by radio shack to get some. I did contact Alan about this.

Thanks

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Picked up a 3SD from Dereelight a couple of days ago. I hope mine does not exhibit the same upon arrival :( .

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
Picked up a 3SD from Dereelight a couple of days ago. I hope mine does not exhibit the same upon arrival :( .

I wouldn't worry about it. No one has posted that they have the same problem or any other problem with their DBS.

I did use th deoxit and it didn't help. Waiting to hear from Alan.

MstrHnky

Enlightened
i've had the same exact problem on a couple of occasions.

i bought my light ~3 months ago, and sometimes when i turn it on, it's very dim on all settings.

dim, flickering, and the only way to correct it is to unscrew the tailcap and screw it back in.

it was embarrassing when i tried showing it off to my friends for the first time and my brand new $125 flashlight didn't work properly.

i haven't really had a lot of time to play with it since i purchased it, but i've had the same experience as you.

btw - i haven't tried de-oxit, or anything. i haven't done anything to alter the original state since its arrival.

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
UPDATE: I received a replacement 3SD pill today from Alan and it seems to be working fine. I have yet to see any flickering in Med and Low mode.

Thanks Alan....