Jil cr2 light. Anyone have experience with it?

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like mine. I currently have two one chrome DD with a swoh lux and 1 HA DD with a flupic(sp)driving an swoh lux. The cab and bus tubes give a lot a versitility for cell usage they are a very well made light just a bit dated, although with a seoul they are bright enough. My ha DD has been on my key ring since I got it and the chrome one rides on my Langlitz riding pants.If you decied to get one you will not regret it.Imho:grin2: they are dependable lights
C

marschw

Newly Enlightened
It does look like an interesting light. I wish I could read the description.

Gatsby

Enlightened
I have a Jil JCR2 IT (model with flupic) with a Seoul P4 mod and that driver, emitter and the McR17 reflector is a very nice combination on RCR2s. It's a bit worn but still works great, has a very usable set of features (I use it as a 3 level light with a low low>>medium>>wide open) and is most often my EDC light. Very well made and machined. I wish they were still making/updating them.

4EN[sic]

Newly Enlightened
I didn't realize this light was so old. I like the design of it, wish I could read Korean.

gnef

Enlightened
they are good lights, but like others have said, they are 'old' considering the current technology.

I sold mine a while ago because it wasn't seeing much use, and I have personally veered away from the cr2 size or smaller batteries due to energy capacity. There are some really nice lights that are tiny and run off of 10180 or so sized li-ion batteries, but you're looking at a 15 minute runtime on high usually.

marschw

Newly Enlightened
There are some really nice lights that are tiny and run off of 10180 or so sized li-ion batteries, but you're looking at a 15 minute runtime on high usually.
Could you recommend a 10180 light? I haven't seen many around, and the size interests me.

gorn

Enlightened
Could you recommend a 10180 light? I haven't seen many around, and the size interests me.

I have the WEE, it is great. But for another choise I picked up a 10180 pocket body for my brass Peak 3 LED Matterhorn. It is now about the same size as the WEE and is really bright. Much nicer in my pocket then the AAA body.

IMG_0015.jpg

Last edited:

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Back in 2005 the Jil CR2 lights made a big bang in the flashlight world, essentially giving great performance, along with great, great quality, at an unheard of price. Nowadays, they may not seem so inexpensive, but a fews years back the Jil CR2's price was rather ground breaking. To get a Jil like light, back then, you had to get an expensive custom or an Arc (also, somewhat custom and expensive.). The Jil gave quality and performance at half the price. They are, in my opinion, premium lights and rather fantastic ones. I've had a few and loved them all. There are tons of people on CPF that have them and many people that are still looking to buy them. If you search hard enough, you'll find some SUPER long threads (which may have been the threads leading to the policy of separating long threads into multiple parts) on them.

Last edited:

munchs

Newly Enlightened
They are actually back in production.The quantities are rather limited, though. It seems they are temporarily sold out on some models, but the maker says it will be back in stock, soon.

If you're really interested in this one try e-mails directly to the maker or you can try 'litemania' who used to sell these here on the forums.

It has a few upgrades, too. Now it's using

LED : SSC P4 (U2-bin:100~118.5)
Lens : B270 (2mm)

according to the manufacturers description.