Looking for an E01-like 1AA EDC...?

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Is there a light like the E01, but uses a AA or 14500 cell?

My criteria in order of importance
-Inexpensive, under $20
-Good DC-DC regulation and LOOOONG run times
-Durable / rugged simplicity and small size of a twist-on switch.
-10 Lumen ball-park
-Floody, white light, NO Blue tint nichia please I already have that with my nite-ize...:green:
-Pocketable EDC (smaller the better)
-Splash proof
-Good performance with Alkalines and NIMH rechargables

I think its time to retire my minimag with nite-ize 3-emitter drop in. I just can't take its pukey-blue tint any more. The Fenix E01 is the front-runner but I want to consider AA lights too.

Thanks!

portezbie

Newly Enlightened
Yeah haven't heard of any lights that meet your criteria, although definitely sounds like a light i would like to own. I like my fenix e01 very much so maybe thats the way to go. If not, maybe just a better upgrade for your mag?

Marduke

Flashaholic
I've heard that a LED swap in a Gerber Infinity Ultra isn't very difficult. I've been thinking of trying it at some point with a spare Nichia GS.

gunga

Flashaholic
I agree with Marduke. I've done an LED swap in 2 Gerber IUs so far.

It's not hard, and when the GS loses lumens I can swap to the next great 5 mm LED!

:devil:

EDIT: My GS is not too blue, a bit of purple in the hot spot tho. I frosted one of mine, and it blends it all into a nice smooth white beam.

Who knows, I may swap out and use a DS (getting some DS's soon) to check it out.

Last edited:

Marduke

Flashaholic
gunga, would you mind posting some instructions on how to do the swap? If you want you can PM them to me.

gunga

Flashaholic
Actually, I just did a search on modding the Gerber and CMG inifinity ultras. THere's quite a few threads on that topic already!