R2 Led upgrade?

Sig Sauer

Newly Enlightened
I have been trying to find some info about the R2 Led upgrade for a G2L, but haven't found much.

How long runtime will the G2L have with the R2 Led upgrade?
Is it hard to make the conversion?

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doesn't anybody have the R2 upgrade?

Do you mean like take out the pill from the P60L (that's the drop-in for the G2L) and replace it with an R2? Or do you mean just an R2 drop-in, like this one:

r2_320.jpg

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oh ok. Why would you want 5 modes? Too many modes to me. :)

They're really easy to install. You just unscrew the bezel from your G2, take out the P60L, pop in the R2, and screw the bezel back on. Sometimes you don't need the spring that comes with the aftermarket drop-ins, but sometimes you do. Gotta try with each one. Many many types of drop-ins as indicated by AlexGT. Lots to choose from in the Market Place if you wanna buy from a CPFer.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
just look at www.dealextreme.com

but all my inserts so far (which were Q5) were:
perfectly bright but a bit on the blue side for the single level - full power ones
and
heavily sucked, for the 5 modes ones (bad beam, bad level choices, NOT BRIGHT)

possibly You are lucky with the R2 ones - wish You all the best - but I doubt it
(PS: "remember last setting" is useless)

VegasF6

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have sku 11621 from DX, the single mode Q5 module. It is very impressive on 2 rcr123. Not so much so on 1 18650. I am pretty certain it is the same module found in my trustfire T1. So, you could search for beamshots from that to see if you like it. The T1 claims 18650 only, but mine works just fine on 2 cells. Sorry I can't comment on the R2.