need help with my novatac 120p

foxracer72

Newly Enlightened
OK Ive had this light for about 5 or 6 months now and never had any trouble, opened the package put the battery in and wallah light and that's how its stayed through intermittent use. so today i bought a battery tester and naturally i go and start testing all the batterys in the house including the one i have in my novatac which still tested full charge, so i put the battery back in and try to turn it on and nothing, i take it back out check the light and battery everything looked fine put it back in and still nothing, after a few times doing this it finally worked:shrug:, i left it all day and that night it started to bug me that my light did that so i took it out one more time and it did it again except this time i cant get it to turn back on:hairpull:. the battery is good it works in my other lights, and the light seams to be in perfect working order. any suggestions?:help: also on a side note does any one elses rubber push button have lots of tiny cracks in it? mines fairly new and hardly used and the rubber button already has a hundred tiny cracks :rant:

Kanai

Newly Enlightened
I'm no expert, but I had a similar problem on my first battery change on my 120P. I searched thru the forums here and found out that if i tweaked the spring a little by gently stretching it a little my 120P now works just fine. Hope this helps. I'm sure others here will be assisting you very shortly. Aloha.

cdosrun

Enlightened
Hi Foxracer,

I am not sure if you removed just the tailcap or the battery tube, but especially if it was the latter there is a chance you loosened the module retaining nut. If you remove the battery tube you should be able to see the thin nut that holds the light module in place (it has four indents for a tool to turn it). If this nut is loose, the module won't make proper contact with the chassis to gain a ground connection.

The most effective way I have seen to correct this is to first loosen the bezel nut (using a rubber doorstop, shoe sole or mousepad as required), then using some needle-nosed pliers, tighten the module retaining much as much as possible (although being careful not to strip the thin threads); reattach the battery-rube, lithium cell etc to ensure that the light works again. Afterwards tighten the bezel nut back up and all should be well again.

Hope that works,

Andrew

foxracer72

Newly Enlightened
got it going again i must have loosened the battery toob just a smidgen when taking of the tail cap i thought i checked that last night but it was late and my brain must have been shutting down. now i feel stupid thanks to all that tried to help:twothumbs you guy rock