Surefire E2D LED DEFENDER new model new in box E2DL-BK

Daark

Banned
I believe there are two models out of Surefire E2DL-LED ? i wonder why there are one version with two different output 5/120 Lumen? and one other with only one output 120 Lumen? What is the point? Which one is the best?
Someone here at CPF mention that the one with only one output are best? Why?

One more: Is it possible to use rechargeable RCR123 in Surfire E2DL ??

Please explain before i buy one...:candle:

lightemup

Flashaholic*
Hi Daark, my understanding is initial E2DL's were mistakenly shipped with single output only. Surefire subsequently fixed this mistake and the dual output ones are the current production.

Which is best? Just comes down to preference. For me I prefer the single output as I do not have to worry if I am clicking too fast etc. But others prefer the dual output for its utility. Each to their own....

Daark

Banned
Hi Daark, my understanding is initial E2DL's were mistakenly shipped with single output only. Surefire subsequently fixed this mistake and the dual output ones are the current production.

Which is best? Just comes down to preference. For me I prefer the single output as I do not have to worry if I am clicking too fast etc. But others prefer the dual output for its utility. Each to their own....

Thanks for your answer, do you maybe know if it's possible to use rechargeable batteries in the same light?

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
IF i were to buy a e2dl, it would be the single stage version also, for the same reason, of accidently putting my self in low mode, would be a good, selfdefense light/nightstand light

for reg edc two stage would be a good choice...

Chadder

Enlightened
I have the two mode version, and love it. The 120 lumens always comes on first. That way you have the bright when you need it. I like having the low to navagate around without messing with night vision and for extended run time if I ever need it.

4EN[sic]

Newly Enlightened
I think it would be pretty hard to accidentally put it on low. Just click it on like a one stage SureFire and it is on high. I got one recently and it is pretty nice. For me though, I wish the low came on first everytime, and then the high. The low is more than enough for what I use it for mostly (bedside bathroom finder).

Size15's

Flashaholic
I find myself accidently getting the low mode (or the second mode) because I don't tend to use the latch of the click switch - I rest thumb pressure on the push button - releasing and reapplying causes it to switch levels. I dislike this characteristic of the UI.

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
I find myself accidently getting the low mode (or the second mode) because I don't tend to use the latch of the click switch - I rest thumb pressure on the push button - releasing and reapplying causes it to switch levels. I dislike this characteristic of the UI.
I'd agree with you, I much prefer the Fenix T series twist head for that kind of light.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I figured that the design of the E2D tailcap would prevent any accidental activation :confused::)
'prevent any'... I'd use 'the crenelated shroud tends to reduce the likelihood of accidental clicking'

My preferred UI is still two-stage push button pressure switch (non-latching)

lightemup

Flashaholic*
Daark: Sorry I can't answer the rechargeable question for you. I am sure others with this experience will jump in and help you...

In the end I got a kx2c bezel (nearly identical to the E2DL bezel only without the crenelations and single stage high output) and it is perfect for my needs. I upgraded my old e2d....

I too use my L1 / A2 and Kroma as utility lights for the same reasons as the guys above.

Last edited: