Is it possible to use rechargeable RCR123 in Surfire E2DL ?

Daark

Banned
Is it possible to use rechargeable RCR123 in Surfire E2DL ?? :confused:

scottaw

Enlightened
I'm no e-series expert, but check out the lumensfactory bulbs, they have replacement e-series bulbs to take RCR's and toget more lumens.

Daark

Banned
lighthound recommeded these for mine, he is supposed to be pretty knowledgeable on the SureFires.

http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1155

It will void the warranty but supposedly they fit, although I never did get a definite answer from anyone. I did find out that the runtime will suck and it may not be brighter.

Maybe it's more safety to use AW:s 3,0v (6,0v) i believe 8,4v is to much. :thinking:
It's to bad that i can't use the primary cells, but they cost to much over here. No one will pay $7.00 each ? ($14.00 for 60 min runtime) :green:

Does anyone here know if Battery Junctions rechargeable Tenergy RCR123 will fit inside the E2DE-BK ?

Last edited:

HKJ

Flashaholic
It's to bad that i can't use the primary cells, but they cost to much over here. No one will pay $7.00 each ? ($14.00 for 60 min runtime) :green:

Why not buy them on the internet, then your can get a better price. In Europe your pay $2-$4 for a primary CR123 cell on the internet.

Daark

Banned
Why not buy them on the internet, then your can get a better price. In Europe your pay $2-$4 for a primary CR123 cell on the internet.

I think that's a bad deal..if i can use rechargeable "Tenergy RCR123" (3,0v)

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe it's more safety to use AW:s 3,0v (6,0v) i believe 8,4v is to much. :thinking:

Does anyone here know if Battery Junctions rechargeable Tenergy RCR123 will fit inside the E2DE-BK ?

2 3V RCR123s come to 7.2V total right off the charger.

HKJ

Flashaholic
I think that's a bad deal..if i can use rechargeable "Tenergy RCR123" (3,0v)

There are two kind of 3 volt cells:

3.7 volts cells with regulator.
3.2 volt cells with low capacity.

None of them are perfect, but if your are using the flashlight a lot , they are more economic than primary.

The best is to get lights that can use real 3.7 volt cells, no wasted energy in a regulator or low capacity cell, and the best 3.7 volt cells are 18650 cells (I know that Surefire does not support these cells).

openbolt1

Enlightened
Is it possible to use rechargeable RCR123 in Surfire E2DL ??

Yep, I have two and thats ALL I use. One is set on top of a sigle cell tube, the other is the original 2 cell tube. Bright as hell in the two cell RCR123 config. Go for it!