Ra Clicky Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would gladly sacrifice a 5-10% loss in light transmission for the added
durability and/or scratch resistance that a sapphire lens would provide.

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
With a removable bezel and the availability of cheap UCL lens I cant see a benifit of giving up 10-12% of my photons.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
With a removable bezel and the availability of cheap UCL lens I cant see a benifit of giving up 10-12% of my photons.
Aren't we saying the same thing?

If Henry ships the Clicky's with a sapphire lens, you could replace it with a cheap UCL and everybody wins. :poke:

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
"In my opinion, the durability and scratch resistance of the sapphire is worth the loss in light transmission it entails relative to a very clear window that is much more prone to breakage and scratching. I prefer a known and factored in loss to one of a potentially catastrophic nature" (McLeish).

McLeish, Don. "Reason(s) for single-sided AR coatings?" Online posting. 7 Jul. 2008. CandlePowerForums > Custom & Modified > CPF Custom Builders and Modders > McGizmo. 18 Jul. 2008 <https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2548013>.

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aren't we saying the same thing?

If Henry ships the Clicky's with a sapphire lens, you could replace it with a cheap UCL and everybody wins. :poke:

More or less, only difference being that one way the light will cost more and deliver less out of the box... :poke:

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
"In my opinion, the durability and scratch resistance of the sapphire is worth the loss in light transmission it entails relative to a very clear window that is much more prone to breakage and scratching. I prefer a known and factored in loss to one of a potentially catastrophic nature" (McLeish).
McLeish, Don. "Reason(s) for single-sided AR coatings?" Online posting. 7 Jul. 2008. CandlePowerForums > Custom & Modified > CPF Custom Builders and Modders > McGizmo. 18 Jul. 2008 <https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2548013>.

I don't recall hearing about a single failed Novatac lens.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, were so very close to AUGUST :twothumbs

Any chance of a picture yet Henry ???
Is August going to be the true release month??

My B-Day is August 12th, hoping to snag one as a present to myself :naughty:

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
My B42XRGT (Seoul'd) has been waiting for a partner for a very long time.
Here she is on vacation all alone in Puerto Rico's El Yunque Rain Forest...
Roughly 4,000 feet above Sea level.

Come on Henry, your breaking her HEART :D

157hvkw.jpg

tempman

Newly Enlightened
He also needs time to polish the titanium, engrave customers initials of all the pre-ordered, and even more time to install bluetooth technology for hands free commands.:D

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL Dixemon :D

I was just getting ready to send you a link to this thread.

Yes folks, this little beauty once belonged to Dixemon.
He modded it with Seoul as well.

I was very fortunate because this was the most nicest and cleanest HDS mod I have ever seen in all my time at CPF. And I have seen MANY.

Thanks Again Dixemon :thumbsup:

Buffalohump

Enlightened
Awesome pic... mine is still stock standard. I'm such a weiner but I don't want to take the risk of shipping her overseas again. :eek:

I just checked out the specs on the Clicky... how does the weight compare with the HDS and Novatacs, for example?

Personally, I think weight is quite important... for the record, I like my lights light! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts