Liteflux lf2x question

IMSabbel

Enlightened
Well, i got mine. Nice light, although i have used electron microscopes that were a lot more intuitive to control.

But one thing bothers me: There is a small, stainless steel element in the box (A ring, with 3 dips on the one side, and sort of a lip on the other). I cannot for my life find any place to use / put /attach that think on the light. What is it used for?

Also, what kind of finish has the light? It looks more like its painted/enameled than anodizing...

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
The clip is an extender ring for tripod mounting. This helps to fill a gap when using certain tripods.

The finish is anodizing, but may have some type of clearcoat on it to make it even shinier and prettier.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
The socket you find on the tailcap when you temove the quick attachment assembly is meant for a tripod. In case the tripod male screw is too long you can put in the ring as a washer/spacer. :)

IMO you may be right: the surface finish appears to be paint/varnish and not anodization. For this reason I prefer the matte black surface of LF2.

IMSabbel

Enlightened
Ah. Tripod.
Ok, I didnt think of that.

Btw, is it only me, or is the gui a bit flawed?
I mean, there are literaly infinite possibilities to configure the light. But there seems to be no easy way to have very low, very bright and something in the middle at your disposal without at least 2 double-switches...
I could have given up about 99.95% of the different blink/flash modes to get that...

I mean, i now reconfigured P1 to lowest, and P2 to highest. Sensible so far.
Now to get some medium mode, i have to use the "user setting", i.e. switching p1-p2-p1-p2, and keep a medium mode there.
For that to work, i have to remember switching back to P1 quickly, or the light will automatically change the current level.

This is really the first light i ever needed 20 minutes of reading the manual to understand how to use it.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Yes, the LF2X is a 2 mode light, anything else requires some twists.;)

Do not use P2 for the highest mode, use P2 for the middle mode and the user setting for the high mode, this way your will not have any problem with accidental turning the light to P2.

RebelXTNC

Enlightened
I got mine this week too. I have found that keeping P1 on 15% and P2 on bright but not full; with the user setting on lowest-low to be a very practical three-way combo.
P1 and P2 handle almost everything daily because I use a light alot indoors during the day, as well as outside at night. Then when I need lowest-low for late at night indoors that's about all I'll be using until the next day. If I do need to go up a level it will almost always be back to P1 only. So I haven't been running into starting a mode switch from P2, which would necessitate remembering to switch back to P1 before ramping occurs like you mentioned.
Another way to look at it is to keep P1 and P2 set to your most common settings that you use in combination alot. Then set the User P1 at the setting you're mostly likely to use solo. I actually use the lowest-low on User P1 alot more running time than I use High on regular P2. But since I use lowest-low solo and many times I use 15% as a main setting and High in quick combination with each other it makes sense for my situation.
This setup seems to provide what I need with the minimum of switching.
It would be unlikely for me to couple High and lowest-low together, but medium mostly with occasional quick highes happens alot.
While it certainly is a complicated UI to manipulate, it's not that difficult logically if you remember which number of switch cycles get to which operation, but I wouldn't want to lose my manual either!
I'm very impressed with the light and it's definitely my all-time favorite AAA.

Last edited:

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, the LF2X is a 2 mode light, anything else requires some twists.;)

Do not use P2 for the highest mode, use P2 for the middle mode and the user setting for the high mode, this way your will not have any problem with accidental turning the light to P2.
I actually have my P1/P2/User set to low/high/med. Definitely low coming on first is a must, to prevent turning the light on and nuking your night vision. Also,the vast majority of the time I run the light, it's in a low setting. The next most likely scenario for me is that I want as much light as I can for a short time, so my P2 is my maximum setting** The third most likely setting is that I need both fairly bright light AND long runtime, so that's what I used the user-adjustable "memory mode" for.

** actually on the LF2x, I wouldn't recommend running higher than 70% ever -- in order to make the light "brighter" Liteflux boosted the current so high that it's both a lot less efficient, and it draws too much current from 10440s. 70% is the same as 100% on the old LF2. They should have left the driver alone...

IMSabbel

Enlightened
Well, about the level of the highest brightness...
Currently i use a L0D-Q4 with 10440, which creates expectations.
I am not sure if the LF could replace it yet. The lows are much better, and i like the clip (although it seems to unscrew itself at times), but the GUI of the l0d is just so much faster....

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, about the level of the highest brightness...
Currently i use a L0D-Q4 with 10440, which creates expectations.
I am not sure if the LF could replace it yet. The lows are much better, and i like the clip (although it seems to unscrew itself at times), but the GUI of the l0d is just so much faster....
I agree. I prefer my L0D Q4 to the LF2X, about the LF2X is a very very nice light as well.

The L0D Q4 is simple to operate and I like the split ring attachment much better.