My LF5XT broken?

Alexi*

Newly Enlightened
My LF5XT stops working from time to time. It just shuts down and refuses to start again if i don't put a new battery in it. And i tried it whit a cheap AA Alkaline and whit that the 100% was dimmer then the 50%, is that normal?

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could be the battery protection circuit kicking in? What type of battery do you normally use?

Alexi*

Newly Enlightened
The battery protection circuit should just make the light start blinking? It newer starts blinking. I hadn't used it for more than a few minutes (total time) before it happened the first time whit my brand new AW 14500. When taking out the battery it was a bit hot 40-45 degrees Celsius perhaps.
I had forgotten my charger at home so I had to use what was available (alkaline).

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like it could be broken. You should contact khoo or LiteFlux to see if they help you resolve this.

But maybe you could also try with nimh batteries and see how the light reacts.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try a proven good battery before condeming the LF5XT,or fully charge your AW 14500.

If that does not solve it then it may well be faulty,contact Khoo.:)

Last edited:

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alexi, both the head's innards and the switch in the tailcap are held in position by rings. As somebody here has already reported a few of these rings were loose or just not well tightened.

I suggest that you check yours with the help of needle nose pliers or even a shaped paper clip. If these things become loose the electrical contact is most probably affected and as a consequence also the light's behavior.