Almost 3 years and 4000 posts, and I'm finally a "true" flashaholic (first SureFire!)

mdocod

Flashaholic
Almost 3 years and 4000 posts, and I'm finally a "true" flashaholic (first SureFire!)

I am now the proud owner of a SureFire 6PLED, my first SureFire ever and would just like to say a few words.

We are in the company of very generous and thoughtful people here on CPF. The light was payed for by another CPF member who has respectfully requested to remain anonymous and I will certainly respect that no question. I have been in a state of tight finances for quite some time, and could never have afforded to buy a SureFire. Incidentally, this is the first time I have ever actually held a SureFire, so this has been a very neat opportunity for one person to offer a gift of great meaning to another. A very humbling experience for myself. My thanks goes out to him!

I think I can finally say that I am a true flashaholic now. The real deal SureFire. Took me all of maybe 2 seconds to fall in love with the craftsmanship on this little guy... I guess you could say that I have "seen the light."

6PLED.jpg

Eventually, a DereeLight 1S module with smooth reflector, or possibly a Malkoff M60 :) all in time. Very exciting!

Eric

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Almost 3 years and 4000 posts, and I'm finally a "true" flashaholic (first SureFi

Congratulations, bro. You deserve it :) . And kudos to the anonymous benefactor :thumbsup: .

Kato

Enlightened
Re: Almost 3 years and 4000 posts, and I'm finally a "true" flashaholic (first SureFi

Very nice! Congrats on your first Surefire! :thumbsup:

RGB_LED

Enlightened

Wow mdocod, I've read your posts for quite some time and this surprises me a bit... :D but I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the SF 6PLED and that was very kind of that individual. Props to the generous, anonymous person.

I've had a couple of E-series SF's since my first few days as a Flashoholic but I'm a big proponent of multi-level lights so I never really thought about getting a 6P until a couple of months ago. When it arrived, I too was surprised at the heft as well as the quality of the construction, especially the threads. I don't know if you need to own a SF to be a true Flashoholic (hope this comment doesn't start any... uh debates :eek:) but the quality definitely impresses. It's now one of my favourites and, btw, you can't go wrong with adding a Malkoff M60! Enjoy and let us know if you have any other observations!

ugrey

Enlightened

Welcome to the darkside, so to speak.

ADDICTED2LITE

Newly Enlightened

Just add the M60 and you have flashlight perfection. It is an awesome combination.

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast

i just had a serious deja vu with this post and every reply. felt really really weird. congrats on your score. i have the 6P with the R2 drop in and its just amazing. my favorite light next to the Novatac 120p. i edc those 2 every day. i use the V70 holster and its really nice to keep on my belt.

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yep, I know the feeling, I got my 6P over a year ago...and I now have three Surefires! :whistle:

Congrats and have fun with your new toy! :thumbsup:

generic808

Enlightened

Welcome to the world of Surefire's :wave: I currently have 40+ Surefire's in my collection and love every single one of them. People who think the Chinese manufactured lights are "just as good as a Surefire" really don't know what they're missing out on. Not to mention the lifetime no-hassle warranty which comes with all of them :thumbsup:

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great light! I too am surprised that this is your first but whatever works. Personally I thought the P60L had a better beam than the Malkoff, not as bright true but very good IMO subject to tint variations. No knock on the Malkoff, I just prefer Seoul emitters myself. Whatever you decide, enjoy!

LumenMan

Enlightened

Now you finally can see what all the excitment is about :) Surefire products are some of the best in the business :thumbsup:

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

Eric -

It's good to see that one of the hardest working CPF members received this modern classic gift of light. Here's an attaboy for the person that sent it to you. I too was a member for a long time before I got my first SureFire. When I saw it and held and operated it I thought, "Ahhh. Now, see what they are talking about." My second SureFire was a surprising act of kindness from another member. Like yours it is an LED 6P but incorporates a KL3 head. So, I can relate to what a kick in pants it is to have someone just send something this nice to you.

You been taking lessons from Shelby Chan?

- Jeff

For your contributions to this forum it should have been a M6.

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast

Congrats on almost hitting 4000 posts. I was just thinking how surprised I have almost hit 400...just 10% of yours.

And congrats on the new SF. And bravo to the anonymous donor!

mdocod

Flashaholic

Hello Icebreak,

wasn't sure who Shelby Chan was so googled it, the photographer?

I took a few shots on the ground while it was sprinkling out with my old cheap digicam :) I've managed to make that thing get some pretty impressive shots, just have to know how to take advantage of what limited capabilities it has.

Eric

Monocrom

Flashaholic

Couldn't happen to a more deserving fellow.

Congrats on the new Surefire. :)

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast

is that mean when my posting number reaches 4000 someone will buy me a surefire? oh still 3000 posting left to go :)

Congrats Eric, i wish i can say the same for myself I never even held a surefire before myself :eek:

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's fantastic mdocod and I hope you enjoy your shiny new surefire :D

Someone else here did the same generous thing for me a few months back, I have a nice Lux III SF L1 :)

I'm still impressed every time I use it, the difference in quality and machining you get with Surefire.

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast

Congrats. I have never held a SureFire personally, but would love to someday. They're out of my price range currently, but who knows down the road...