L1T v.2 Q2 = Warm White

candlelight001

Newly Enlightened
Is the Q2 in the Fenix L1T v.2 Q2 the warm white one that other posts have talked about? Anyone who have one who can comment on tint, color rendition or ringiness? Thanks!

allburger

Enlightened
I can't say this for sure but i would say no. From what i know fenix sticks to the cool whites.

I was the one who did the write ups on the cree warm white and cree neutral whites.

You don't see many of the warm and neutral tints around even though i think that are incredible and deserve more attention than they get.

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
AFAIK Fenix doesn't use warm crees, but I could compare L2T V2.0 Q2 and new L2D Q2 with my old L2D Q5 and L2D R100 and both new Fenixes had warmer tint than my old L2D Q5 and similar to L2D Rebel.

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Every now and then a warm tint will pop up in the Fenixes. I have two of the silver P1Ds that have a tint leaning towards WG. I remember when the first P2Ds came out, some people were mentioning that the tint was on the warm side.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are 2 main parts to a bin code.
Brightness: - P3, P4, Q2, Q3, Q4, Q5, R2.
Tint: cool white - Wx; warm white - #x.
Q2 only indicates brightness, not the tint.

Fenix likes to use WC, WD, WG, WH tints. See chart.
CreeXR-ECoolWhite.jpg

The warm white recently introduced by dereelight and copied at DX is a 5A bin. Not even on the same chart.
CreeXR-ENeutral-WarmWhite.jpg

Dereelight warm white Q2 5A on left, L0D CE P4 WD on right.
DereelightL0DP4WD.jpg

Last edited:

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received a Q2 5A CL1H V4 from Dereelight a couple of days ago. Real nice tint for outdoor use, makes a huge difference in color rendition compared to a "cool white" tint.

spgrk

Newly Enlightened
Where are these warm white 5A bin Crees on DX, and are they complete lights or just emitters? A search for "warm white" doesn't yield the required information. Also, what happened to all the Rebel LED lights? I bought a Fenix L2T v.2 when they came out which had a nice warm tint, but I gave it away and the new L1/2T v.2's with the Q2's appear to have a cooler tint, as just discussed.

Triple A

Newly Enlightened
There are 2 main parts to a bin code.
Brightness: - P3, P4, Q2, Q3, Q4, Q5, R2.
Tint: cool white - Wx; warm white - #x.
Q2 only indicates brightness, not the tint.

Fenix likes to use WC, WD, WG, WH tints. See chart.

The warm white recently introduced by dereelight and copied at DX is a 5A bin. Not even on the same chart.

Thank You LEDninja! This explaination helped me understand this for the first time. The charts helped drive it home.

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think when most people refer to a warm tint, they are talking about tints on the warm side of the cool chart, for instance WG or WH.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think when most people refer to a warm tint, they are talking about tints on the warm side of the cool chart, for instance WG or WH.

Which is sort of a joke, considering that the cool chart bottoms out at 5000K.

big beam

Enlightened
The newer fenix's I have tend to be on the warm side of the white bins as compared to older fenix's.BUT the DX and dereelight drop ins are a whole different animal (5A).These 5A's are getting close to incan tints and are great.They're not as orange as an incan more on the tan side.If you don't have one you should try them.
DON

santza

Newly Enlightened
I just got the 5A p60 drop-in from DX.. It is AWESOME <3. My R2 dropin is brighter of course but the warm white seems to yield contrast much better outdoors..

It's not the quantity of lumens, It's the quality of lumens..