Is this the 18650 P3D weve been waiting for?

Zeige

Enlightened
This looks like the P3D we have been asking for. A shortened Jet III Pro that is slender like the P3D and runs off of 18650s ! :party:
I hope they are available soon!
This looks like An Awsome light, Oh and they now come with Forward Clickies.:thumbsup:

7.jpg

Specification:
Model: JET-III PRO ST
LED: CREE 7090 XR-E (Q5 bin)
Max Output: 225 Lumen (Torch Lumen)
Reflector: aluminum reflector
Lens: Sapphire crystal
metal switch retaining ring
lock-out function
Material: T6061 T6 aircraft aluminum alloy
Finish: HA III Military grade hard annodized
Battery: one 18650 Rechargeable Lithium Battery
Input voltage: 0.7-4.2V
Switch: Forward clickies
Waterproof: Accord to IPX-8 standard
Dimension: Bezel diameter 25mm, Tail diameter 25mm, Overall length 120mm
Weight: 65g(without battery)
Patented Product.

Output & Runtime:
18650 Rechargeable Lithium Battery
Max Output: 225 Lumen, lasting for 1.5 hours
High Output (Default Mode A): 180 Lumen, lasting for 2 hours and 15 min
Low Output (Default Mode B): 20 Lumen, lasting for 21 hours
Min Output: 2 Lumen, lasting for 150 hours
Reverse polarity protection.

Last edited:

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Jet III Pro ST

Cool light. JB seems to be positively evolving.

I hope this has new switches.

JB's naming convention seems to be inconsistent. What does ST stand for?

Zeige

Enlightened
Re: Jet III Pro ST

Cool light. JB seems to be positively evolving.

I hope this has new switches.

JB's naming convention seems to be inconsistent. What does ST stand for?

Here is the thread from CPFMP, New forward clickies, and some other new lights too.... Not sure what the ST stands for:thinking:

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very interesting light. I am waiting for a compact 18650 light to come out since I already have some batteries and a charger - but no light. I am also interested in the new mini that is supposed to come out but the Jetbeam looks higher quality.

half-watt

Flashlight Enthusiast
looks nice. i'd like to get one. currently don't own a single JB light.

besides all the obvious positives, there are two negative, at worst, or neutral observations that jumped out at me when reading OP.

1) no medium mode. jumps down fr/180lm to 20lm. what happened to something like 60, 80, or 100 lumens? guess their electronics are not set up for such ranges?? my guess is that they use some similar electronic design in one or more of their other existing lights???

2) 20lm for 21h off of a ~2200mAh cell. wonder how that compares to other lights? off the top of my head, Fenix P1D-Q5, 16lm for ~21h (mfr. claimed) off of a ~1500mAh cell. Fenix TK11-Q5 claims 60lm for 12h running off of a 18650 cell. guess the JB burntime is not too bad, but it may not be as efficient as some others. however, TK11-Q5 also "claims" 2.7h at 225lm. Mev's testing shows 01:49 to 50% for the TK10-Q5 on 2xCR123A's and 03:26 to 50% on 1x17670.

despite these, perhaps erroneous, observations that i've made, i still find this light interesting and would therefore ask, what is a good OnLine Retailer in the good ol' USofA from which to purchase this JB light?

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
1) There are 3 fully adjustable modes (from 5 to 225lm or SOS/Strobe/standby).
2) Jetbeam runtimes are slightly below average (jus slightly), on max it's hard to reach 1:20h. Do not compare 2xCR123 to 18650 because usually gives 20-30% more runtime with the same brightness (TK10 is much dimmer using 17670).

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
looks nice. i'd like to get one. currently don't own a single JB light.

besides all the obvious positives, there are two negative, at worst, or neutral observations that jumped out at me when reading OP.

1) no medium mode. jumps down fr/180lm to 20lm. what happened to something like 60, 80, or 100 lumens? guess their electronics are not set up for such ranges?? my guess is that they use some similar electronic design in one or more of their other existing lights???

2) 20lm for 21h off of a ~2200mAh cell. wonder how that compares to other lights? off the top of my head, Fenix P1D-Q5, 16lm for ~21h (mfr. claimed) off of a ~1500mAh cell. Fenix TK11-Q5 claims 60lm for 12h running off of a 18650 cell. guess the JB burntime is not too bad, but it may not be as efficient as some others. however, TK11-Q5 also "claims" 2.7h at 225lm. Mev's testing shows 01:49 to 50% for the TK10-Q5 on 2xCR123A's and 03:26 to 50% on 1x17670.

despite these, perhaps erroneous, observations that i've made, i still find this light interesting and would therefore ask, what is a good OnLine Retailer in the good ol' USofA from which to purchase this JB light?

There are 3 modes, user selectable and programable:

Output & Runtime:
18650 Rechargeable Lithium Battery
Max Output: 225 Lumen, lasting for 1.5 hours
High Output (Default Mode A): 180 Lumen, lasting for 2 hours and 15 min
Low Output (Default Mode B): 20 Lumen, lasting for 21 hours
Min Output: 2 Lumen, lasting for 150 hours

Try Bugout Gear, Flavio is great to deal with. Check on the "Specials" page for CPF pricing.

HKJ

Flashaholic

If it works like other JetBeams, your can just reprogram it to the levels you want.

half-watt

Flashlight Enthusiast
1) There are 3 fully adjustable modes (from 5 to 225lm or SOS/Strobe/standby).
2) Jetbeam runtimes are slightly below average (jus slightly), on max it's hard to reach 1:20h. Do not compare 2xCR123 to 18650 because usually gives 20-30% more runtime with the same brightness (TK10 is much dimmer using 17670).

1) so, it's user controlled, hence the mention of "Default" in OP. if i understand this correctly now, that's very nice indeed.

2) good point. forgot to about diff. in brightness running off of a single cell at lower voltage, which generally has quite an effect on brightness.

many thanks for the swift corrections to my erroneous understanding.

bexamous

Newly Enlightened
I'm buying this. I really don't see anything that compare.

IBS lights have an AWESOME UI and the only downside, imo, is the efficinecy is slighlty lower than other lights. This is made up however by three facts:
1. UI is great. Because UI is good it is easy to always use the minimum light needed. Generally only low output is needed (eg <30%) and at these types of output who is really going to notice the difference between 10 or 11 hours of light? Long as it gives me at least 4-5 days of 'regular' use that is enough time for me to remember to swap batteries.
2. IBS is brighter than other lights, so its a trade off between output and efficincy.
3. 18650 batteries last forever-- again I keep one in the light, one in Pila charger... whenever I remember I swap... worst case is I go a week or something before I remember... and with 18650 and my regular usage no way am I going to ever see it go dead.

With electronics out of the way this is only EDC-style 18650 light. I would love to buy a Deerelight but too big to EDC. IMO light is EDC or not. If its not the differences in size doesn't matter much... I'm still holding out for 3x1850 with P7 LED as my non-EDC light. The old JetBeam 3 IBS was still just a little too big for me, this one is perfect.

I'm just really happy to see this light come out as I've been annoyed how EDC-18650 has been overlooked by everyone.

Anyways :) Just me rambling.

half-watt

Flashlight Enthusiast
many thanks to all for the info in this Thread, and also the replies to my first Post in this Thread.

i've just placed an order, with BOG [many thanks for the link], for my very first JB light (the one mentioned by OP).

the CPF specials section gives what seems to me, at least, to be a very good price for this light given its features and claimed performance.

i'll try to remember to Post my impressions after i rcv. it and put it through its paces.

Zeige

Enlightened
many thanks to all for the info in this Thread, and also the replies to my first Post in this Thread.

i've just placed an order, with BOG [many thanks for the link], for my very first JB light (the one mentioned by OP).

the CPF specials section gives what seems to me, at least, to be a very good price for this light given its features and claimed performance.

i'll try to remember to Post my impressions after i rcv. it and put it through its paces.

half-watt, This new light is not on BOG's site yet. If you ordered a Jet III Pro its a very nice light, but the head is larger than the tail cap (not like the one mentioned above) I have this one and its a very nice light also, just not as EDC friendly.

MS3

Newly Enlightened
The Southern Lights AU website says it will be available 8/15. Anyone know about in the US? Can't find any info on BOG website.

Zeige

Enlightened
The Southern Lights AU website says it will be available 8/15. Anyone know about in the US? Can't find any info on BOG website.

I would guess that BOG will post info on Monday. Since Jetbeam just posted the announcement today.

half-watt

Flashlight Enthusiast
half-watt, This new light is not on BOG's site yet. If you ordered a Jet III Pro...

i did order the one on the website. in my hurry, even though i looked at the pic of the light, i didn't notice that it was NOT the same light. i focused on the features and specs (tunnel vision, i suppose) to try to make sure that it had the same features and specs as mentioned in OP.

just so happens though, that i like the appearance with the larger head. i noticed the 33mm dia. head, but thought that it would be 'ok' for my uses. i used to EDC a SF U2 which has a 1.47" (~37mm) dia. head. i usually wear cargo pants and the pockets should handle it 'ok', if i decide to EDC it.

anyways, i goofed, my fault entirely, but it probably won't matter to me much. i'm also thinking that the larger diameter reflector will be a plus. lastly, now i have an excuse to order the one you've let us all know about, as well. this time i'll wait until it is actually on the BOG website b/f i go orderin' it "again".

many thanks for alerting me to my error, and even more starting this Thread. sincerely, pj aka half-watt

Zeige

Enlightened
i did order the one on the website. in my hurry, even though i looked at the pic of the light, i didn't notice that it was NOT the same light. i focused on the features and specs (tunnel vision, i suppose) to try to make sure that it had the same features and specs as mentioned in OP.

just so happens though, that i like the appearance with the larger head. i noticed the 33mm dia. head, but thought that it would be 'ok' for my uses. i used to EDC a SF U2 which has a 1.47" (~37mm) dia. head. i usually wear cargo pants and the pockets should handle it 'ok', if i decide to EDC it.

anyways, i goofed, my fault entirely, but it probably won't matter to me much. i'm also thinking that the larger diameter reflector will be a plus. lastly, now i have an excuse to order the one you've let us all know about, as well. this time i'll wait until it is actually on the BOG website b/f i go orderin' it "again".

many thanks for alerting me to my error, and even more starting this Thread. sincerely, pj aka half-watt

I am sure you could call BOG on Monday and explain which one you wanted, but you wont be disappointed in having them both :D.

Glad I could help :)

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still surprised at how fast JETBeam is releasing new models. And that almost every release is a big step forward - :thumbsup: to JETBeam.

However, with all the comments about IBS meaning irritable bowl syndrome, you'd think they would use something with a more obvious meaning...