fenix T1 battery any choices over CR123a

DocD

Enlightened
hi just brought a fenix T1, can i run it on rechargeable rcr123a at 3.7v as the std battery is pricey here in the UK cheers DocD

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes it runs on RCRs fine BUT not all of them fit unfortunately, although some protected cells do.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
The silver Ultrafires? They were a little too long for my T1 as well. But after I tightened the switch in the tailcap they did fit without any problems.

Eric

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't want to run the light with protected cells that only just fit because I'd be worried about placing too much pressure on the battery which could damage the protection circuit.

USM0083

Enlightened
I wouldn't want to run the light with protected cells that only just fit because I'd be worried about placing too much pressure on the battery which could damage the protection circuit.

I did that with a set of Ultrafires in my TK10. That last half turn of the tail cap pushed the button top of one in to where it's flush with the rest of the cell.

mdocod

Flashaholic
Go with AWs protected 3.7V RCR123s, or BatteryStation brand protected 3.7V RCR123s, both are very close to correct length and they will give you the most available runtime within the correct size limitations. LiFeP04 are best for applications that don't tolerate the higher voltage well.