E2E ????

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
Still trying to make up my mind on which flashlight I want to get next. My choices are between the E2E HA, G2Z and the M2. I really like the M2 and have found it for $129.00 on ebay but I know its big for carrying in my pocket. Is the M2 alot bigger then the 6P? Also, is the E2E as bright or brighter then a Mag 3D? Thanks

dougmccoy

Enlightened
IMHO the 3 lights you have in mind are all have slightly different uses. However for pocketability (is that a word?)the E2e is king. Small, very rugged and very bright it is certainly as bright if not brighter than a 3D Mag.
It also has a extremely pleasing side spill of light which is vastly superior to any Maglite available to date.

The G2z is nearly as good as an M2 but at a lot cheaper price. The main benefit IMHO being the Nitrolon construction. With the M2 if you drop it you will get minor blemishes to the HA111 particularly around the bezel. With the Nitrolon G2z you may slightly mark the bezel but it will not show up any where near as bad as the M2.

The only benefit to the M2 that I can ascertain is the interchangeability of parts with some of the weapon lights and the fact that it can be tested for waterproofness to certain depths. AFAIK the G2z cant be so rated?

I have 2xE2e's one with a KL1 and one with a normal incandescent bezel and both are superb products. For my money though the E2e and KL1 together are nearly an unbeatable combination.

Hope this helps?

Doug

Chief_Wiggum

Enlightened
I had the same dilema a couple months ago. I'm sure I won't be the last to say it...buy 'em both. That's what I ended up doing.

The E2e is a great light. Small, super bright, easy to pocket. But the M2 with the HOLA is just much brighter. If you're looking for a defensive type light, the M2 is for you.

I've found I can't fit the M2 in my pocket comfortably. It has to be clipped either to my belt or waistband. The bezel is much larger than on the E2e. Also, I really like the combat grip on the M2. At first I thought I'd never use it, but it's a great way to use the light, handgun or not.

Lastly, if you're into accessories and such, the M2 has better and more. For example, I have a beamshaper for my E2e and a heavy duty one for the M2. The M2 version is by far superior.

Try Dan at Tactical-warehouse or arizonagunrunners instead of Ebay. Never know what you're getting over here. Dan with match any price you find and is great to deal with.

Byron Walter

Enlightened
I also agree that size matters with DL123 x 2 flashlights and the E2e is the gold standard. I've got one with the standard lamp and one with the KL1.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
for carry i highly suggest the E2e. it carries effortlessly and is bright. i have an E2e and another E2e on the way with the KL1 led head.

the G2z is awesome if you need a pistol light or a good backup. i find the combat grip more useful than the straight bodied 6v.

the M2 is overated in my opinion. if you must have one get a C2. if you drop your light alot you can later add on an M2 shock isolated bezel for less than the price of the M2.

Blikbok

Enlightened
The M2 is way oversized and overpriced for the light it puts out. I've got my two "M2.9s" for little more than the M2 and they put out much more light than 6v lights. Honestly, the E2e is a must-have light. I've got two, one with the MN03, one with the KL1. When they arrived, I had no idea they were that small.

dilettante

Newly Enlightened
Don't buy any of them! You are talking about graduating from pot to cocaine or heroine. I was in your shoes several months ago and bought the M2. Now I own an M2, an E2e Outdoorsman, and E1e and a KL1 AND I have an ARC LSH-P on the way. My name is Dante and I'm a flashaholic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

P.S. I carried my E2e and KL1 every day for a while. It is pocketable, but I like the E1e much better for EDC.

P.P.S. There is a guy here who sells an adapter ring that lets you put the M2 head on the E2e body so you can run the P61 high output lamp assembly. I've got one of those, too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif It look a little goofy, but addresses the M2 Bulk problem. Does SureFire sell heads separately as parts?

Size15's

Flashaholic
The M2 is the flashlight version of the M95 WeaponLight.
It is the toughest WeaponLight ever sold by SureFire.
The M2 has parts interchangeability with the M95 so that it can be used as a backup.

Al

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
I second everything that dougmccoy said... he provided the all important short & sweet elements of the three SF lights.

I don't believe you could ever go wrong with an E2e... given it's size and brightness... well, I'll defer back to dougmccoy's post. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Finally, is the E2e as bright as a Mag 3D? I think it's not only brighter, but has a much whiter and cleaner looking beam pattern of light that is distinctly 100% SureFire.

-Jim

DHCrocks

Newly Enlightened
get the e2e, I just got mine a couple a weeks ago and am amazed by this tiny little sucker. It's way brighter and has a nicer more consistant beam then my 3d mag. and like blikbok said I had no idea it was so compact. only thing I don't like is how hot it gets if you run it for a couple of minutes. I don't know how the gun metal feels but I think I might want try one of those, I have the HA and it has a hard or rough feeling to it, the knurling is like a file, but it is tough. I had it bang around with my mini mag and it scratched up the minimag but left no mark on the 2e2, it really is a "hard anodize".

kimchikungfu

Newly Enlightened
Trunk, out of the three lights you mention, only the E2e will fit comfortably in a pocket.

You might already have realized that the consensus here at CPF is that the E2e is a damn good light. Well, I got mine a couple weeks ago and I can tell you that it is! In fact, I doubt you'll be able to find a single critical voice here, and that should be worth something.

However, before I received my E2e, its highly acclaimed status around here actually made me a bit suspicious: no light that size could be that good, and I seriously doubted that it would live up to my skyhigh expectations.

I was wrong! I can't remember having been so impressed with anything I've bought without actually being able to hands-on test it beforehand, ever. It is a truly amazing light.

I have since downloaded the 2003 SF catalogue to have a look at the rest of the lineup. Among other flashlight needs I've come up with since becoming a flashaholic, I definitely need a hiking light: something fairly small and light, yet shockresistant and truly waterproof, with lots of lumens and more convenient filter covers than those avilable for the E series lights. The light that best fits these requirements (and my wallet) seems to be the M2. On the other hand, people's opinions on this particular SF light differ a lot more, as should be evident from some of the above posts. Whether it is worth the money or the size, etc, I cannot say, yet. If you do get it make sure to post a review here! Just don't count on it as being pocketable.

In fact, as much as I love the E2e, I see the need for an even smaller EDCOB (EDC on body) light. This is why my next purchase is likely to be the E1e/KL1 combo. Perhaps you should add that to your list?

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an E2e HA, my first "proper" flashlight, its awesomely capable, yet compact.And this will get even better once the new KLx become available.

kimchikungfu

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
kakster said:
I have an E2e HA, my first "proper" flashlight, its awesomely capable, yet compact.And this will get even better once the new KLx become available.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, the E2e with the KL4 (5W Luxeon) should be awesome! I haven't been able to extract an ETA from the threads dealing with this though. Probably sometime this year is all I know.

Size15's

Flashaholic
You haven't been able to extract an ETA from CPF for the release of the KL4 because CPF are not going to be told when it is expected; only when it is available. It is likely that Dealers will tell CPF when they can take pre-orders.

The same goes of the E Series Clickie TailCap.

Al

paulr

Flashaholic
Kim, I think Surefires and there ilk are ridiculously overbright for hiking. Enjoy the night! Just use a light bright enough to see where you're going without stumbling. A single LED like an Arc AAA or CMG Ultra is plenty for that, and doesn't mess up your night vision too much. Or the Princton Tec light with 100+ hours of runtime. Carry a brighter light (E2E or whatever) for when you need to look at something faraway or search for something. But leave it off most of the time.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is something the A2 might do well in. Extrememly low illumination (3 lumens) or high illumination (50 lumens)... Just wished it wasn't as high priced...

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
FalconFX -- The A2 is pricey, but it's regulated, even in the incandescent mode. Isn't that worth something?

I would pay much more for a regulated E2e.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
TTYTT, I'd rather buy a regulated E2e and have the option of putting on a KL1 afterwards... 3 lumens is dandy for zero light applications, but an LS is way better if it was underdriven (dimmable) or boosted (best of low/high end LED illumination)...

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
regulation is over hyped, it's not worth the price of the A2. i shone the A2 and E2e side by side and didn't see a difference.

maybe a regulated E2e without the A2's size, silly tailcap and led's will be affordable if sf will grace us with one. time will tell.