Nitecore d 10 oring qustion

Color of top o ring

• Total voters

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
What color is yours ? And how easy is it to twist? O ring nearest the head.

Mine is red ,the spares were red,(very tight even with 2 hands)seems like they are for the piston tube.

Looking thru some reviews Ive seen blue and clear o rings.Are they easier to turn?

4EN[sic]

Newly Enlightened
I put a dab of radio shack lube on my clear o ring. It turns real easy and smooth.

xikteny

Newly Enlightened
Mine has a clear o-ring at the head; red on the piston.
They were both too large, in my opinion. I had to slightly modify them to get my D10 to function acceptably.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine has a clear o-ring at the head; red on the piston.
They were both too large, in my opinion. I had to slightly modify them to get my D10 to function acceptably.

What did you do to mod them?

ykb

Newly Enlightened
Mine has a clear one at the head end, which I think is the same size as clear NDI O-ring.
The piston O-ring is red, and two spare reds were included.
After a mini-clean and lube with Nanolube, the head turns smoothly. It's easy to twist one-handed (thanks knurling!), but not so easy that it'll accidentally twist on. Just right :thumbsup:

EugeneJohn

Newly Enlightened
oops, I jumped the gun on the poll. I've got an EX10 not a D10. One of the votes for clear was mine.

At any rate heres my EX10 o-ring info.

Clear o-ring on the head, red on the piston. Spare o-rings: one clear, one red.

Clear ~17mm outer diameter. Red ~14mm outer diameter

Last edited:

harddrive

Enlightened
My D10 has red o-rings at both ends and both spares are red. It is much too hard to use as a twisty but that's ok as I only use it in clicky mode.

smopoim86

Enlightened
oops, I jumped the gun on the poll. I've got an EX10 not a D10. One of the votes for clear was mine.

At any rate heres my EX10 o-ring info.

Clear o-ring on the head, red on the piston. Spare o-rings: one clear, one red.

Clear ~14mm outer diameter. Red ~17mm outer diameter

I nearly jumped the gun. My EX10 is the same

loanshark

Enlightened
I have two D10s one has an orange o-ring one is clear... The clear one is much easier to turn...

cabbynate

Newly Enlightened
My D10 has a clear top o ring and a red piston o ring. The 2 extra o rings are clear as well. I cleaned the threads and clear o ring and relubed them with Ace hardware's 90% pure silicone grease and everything is very smooth. Twisting has just the right amount of tension as to not move on it's own but still twist easy with one hand. This has got to be one of the best designs in a flashlight to date...:thumbsup:

alibaba

Enlightened
Red all around. Red head, red piston and red spares. I'm kinda glad with the redhead because, IMO, my D10 has the bare minimum of threads on the batt. tube. Once I hit momentary I only have one full turn until my head falls off! :faint: With the red o-ring there's enough resistance to keep the head securely on.

marschw

Newly Enlightened
Both of mine are red. The piston is a bit hard to press, and the twisty is quite tough, even well-oiled.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems like the red rings are consistently harder to twist,I think they are for the piston,anf the head needs clear.I am waiting to receive new orings from 7777,they should be here tomorrow.Mine is red on both ends and very difficult to twist.i hope i get some of both red and clear rings.

I will post as soon as I get them and I will test and measure them.

Keep going on the poll.

xikteny

Newly Enlightened
What did you do to mod them?
Please don't laugh, I know this sounds stupid.
Basically I reduced the diameter of the rings by removing a small section, then gluing the ends back together.
A probably better method would be to place the o-ring around a dowel, chuck the dowel in a drill and run it against something abrasive. Unfortunately I only read of this method after I had already hacked up mine.:ohgeez:

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please don't laugh, I know this sounds stupid.
Basically I reduced the diameter of the rings by removing a small section, then gluing the ends back together.
A probably better method would be to place the o-ring around a dowel, chuck the dowel in a drill and run it against something abrasive. Unfortunately I only read of this method after I had already hacked up mine.:ohgeez:
:tsk: :D Just kidding wit ya.. I hope your gluing holds. But next time.... https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2309534&postcount=202

glockboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I replace the D10 and EX10 piston o ring with Sigman 7/16" (11mm) o ring, now the lights clickie feel clickie, much better to use.

Both of mine are red. The piston is a bit hard to press, and the twisty is quite tough, even well-oiled.

tricker

Enlightened
i replaced the o-ring with one wrap of eletrical tape cut down to thread size, easier to turn and better than the crappy included o-rings

Enlightened
My D10 has red o-rings. The piston is perfect but the head is pretty tight and no manner of lubrication helps.