Romisen RC-G2 Q5 at shiningbeam

Status
Not open for further replies.

konfusius

Newly Enlightened
1 Eneloop gives you a little less than 1 hour of useable light ...

But aren't there enough threads about this light? ;)

loanshark

Enlightened
Is there a board I could swap to get more runtime without losing too much output?

marschw

Newly Enlightened
I thought maybe the Q5 mod might have an effect on runtime?? no??
My understanding with that light is that it's an exact copy of the RC-G2, just with a different emitter. Since the driver, which is in control of battery drain, is the same, the only difference would therefore be more light output. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

BTW, it's not really correct to call it a Romisen RC-G2 Q5, isn't it? I thought these were exact copies of Romisen's light (except for the emitter), but made by someone else.

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
My understanding with that light is that it's an exact copy of the RC-G2, just with a different emitter. Since the driver, which is in control of battery drain, is the same, the only difference would therefore be more light output. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

BTW, it's not really correct to call it a Romisen RC-G2 Q5, isn't it? I thought these were exact copies of Romisen's light (except for the emitter), but made by someone else.

Same driver with a new emitter so similar runtime. Although Vf of any given LED would affect runtime versus another sample. IIRC correctly they are still made by Romisen just on special order for Shiningbeam. My RC-G2 Q5 still says Romisen on the body. ;)

DM51

Flashaholic
There is a thread about this light here, in which your question and others are answered.

It would be helpful if members would look for existing threads before rushing to post unnecessary new ones which just clog up the board.

This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.