Tiablo A9 throw compare with mag

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Compare to D mag focused into tightest spot, which has a smaller hotspot?

Also, is it a reverse or forward clicky, is the mode switching like those on fenix light? Does high or low comes on first?

Thanks!

Last edited:

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depends which D mag. I've had both, but not at the same time, and I'd guess it's about equivalant to a 6D mag's tightest spot. But remember, that's while putting out more spill than a mag ever will.

The switch cycles low-high-off. There is no time delay however, so if you're in low you will always have to turn it to high before turning it off, etc.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its a Clicky, and the switching is done within the Clicky, and you cant half press it to change brightness levels. So in a way, it does give you momentary.

Its throw also beats the 6D anyday...:) it throws on par with my ROP HI

Crenshaw

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay I see, so it's sorta like a mechanical clicky with three steps instead of the traditional two step on/off then? Afraid that kills the deal, don't like having to cycle through to turn off.

As for throw, I'm wondering only the size of hotspot, I take it they are similar? Output is not a concern, because it can always be modded.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
From my memory of WadeF's beamshots of the DBS(similar beam pattern) and the Mag 6D, they do have similar hot spot sizes.