HDS 250 click question

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Guys,

I've tried looking this up with no luck, any help would be appreciated.

I have a B42XRGT that has been modded with Seoul. Its my favorite EDC.

I did the 250 click thing and disabled forced setting. I like it to remember that last level used.

Now is there any way to make my low even lower with a non Ultimate version?

I use the low when feeding my little guy his bottle at night, but I would like the low to be the lowest possible.

Thanks!

GregWormald

Enlightened
Changing the light levels is possible.
The 250 clicks on a Basic model enters the menu system. See the archived documents at HDS's website for details of the options. A search of the archives here should also provide the HDS manual.
Greg

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's good to see that you have disabled the force setting because you need the force setting off to change the four levels. If you find an HDS EDC ultimate manual you just substitute 250 clicks wherever you see 10 clicks.

1. Put the light on the setting you want to change, in your case the lowest

2 Do 250 clicks followed by a press/hold. The light should stay on indicating you have entered the brightness menu.

3 Each click will then change the brightness up one level. A double click will change the direction. After a double click each single click will then go down one level. Think of it as walking down a hallway one step at a time and then to go in the opposite direction to have to take two steps to turn around and then you can again go down the hallway one step at a time.

4 Once you have decided on your desired brightness setting you press and hold the button until the light goes off.

If this is confusing PM me your e-mail and I'll send you PDF of the HDS EDC manual.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
My problem is that whenever I do the 250 click thing, I always find myself
at the settings menu way before the 250 clicks. So it's almost impossible for me to know when to hold onto that last needed click for the brightness menu.

I'll keep on trying:thumbsup:

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I may not be rembering correctly and don't have access to the instructions right now, but I think you need to start with the light ON at the level you want to modify to go to the brightness menu.

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
I may not be rembering correctly and don't have access to the instructions right now, but I think you need to start with the light ON at the level you want to modify to go to the brightness menu.

No to access brightness or programming menu you need the light off.

To change the brightness you need to set the light to the brightness level you want changed. Then enter the brightness menu. To enter it's 250 clicks or click till it stops blinking then hold. Double click reverses click goes forward in the process.

I can post up a modified for 250 clicks Instructions PDF if needed.

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
My problem is that whenever I do the 250 click thing, I always find myself
at the settings menu way before the 250 clicks. So it's almost impossible for me to know when to hold onto that last needed click for the brightness menu.

I'll keep on trying:thumbsup:

Just click till the light stops flashing then hold. You don't need to count. Just don't stop clicking for more than 1 second or it'll enter the programming menu.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just click till the light stops flashing then hold. You don't need to count. Just don't stop clicking for more than 1 second or it'll enter the programming menu.

Sounds much better!!! Will give it a shot shortly!

Thanks Guys!

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tebore,

It worked! I was actually able to go down an additional 3 levels from my current low setting. Now its perfect!

Thanks,

Ray

HDS_Systems

Enlightened
On our web site, click on the Site Map button. On the Site Map page under Products is a link for the previous products page. On the previous products page you will find all of the old product descriptions as will as the User Guides and other documentation for those products.

Henry.

Gatsby

Enlightened
Interesting result, as I thought the default level on the B42 series lights was already at the lowest possible setting when you click 3 times for "low"... shows me what I knew - I just figured it was brighter on low due to the increased power of the Seoul emitter.

kts

Enlightened
250 clicks!!! :sick2:

20 should be more than enough to prevent any clicky-accidents :thinking:

Hans

Enlightened
250 clicks!!! :sick2:

20 should be more than enough to prevent any clicky-accidents :thinking:

You misunderstood. The HDS Basic was originally marketed as a "simpler" version of the HDS Ultimate; the Ultimate allowed easy changes of the settings, whereas the Basic was marketed as a light with fixed settings. However, there was an Easter egg, the settings on the Basic could also be changed, but not quite so easily.

In effect people who paid the lower price of the Basic can also change the settings, but they have to put in a bit more work.

Hans

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
You misunderstood. The HDS Basic was originally marketed as a "simpler" version of the HDS Ultimate; the Ultimate allowed easy changes of the settings, whereas the Basic was marketed as a light with fixed settings. However, there was an Easter egg, the settings on the Basic could also be changed, but not quite so easily.

In effect people who paid the lower price of the Basic can also change the settings, but they have to put in a bit more work.

Hans
Thanks for the explanation. I wonder who discovered the Easter egg. Did someone just randomly click the light 250 times and discover it? :crazy:

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the explanation. I wonder who discovered the Easter egg. Did someone just randomly click the light 250 times and discover it? :crazy:

Actually that's pretty much how it happened. A member in montreal Canada discovered it accidentally. It wasn't until Henry said there was an easter egg that he finally said something. I think the member was melloyello.

Gatsby

Enlightened
Actually that's pretty much how it happened. A member in montreal Canada discovered it accidentally. It wasn't until Henry said there was an easter egg that he finally said something. I think the member was melloyello.

And physicians everywhere were surprised at the sudden spike in carpal tunnel syndrome cases ;)

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL that's insane. I can't imagine sitting there and clicking on a light hundreds of times...

Did anyone try clicking 2500 times to see if there's easter egg #2? :naughty: