Fenix D0G

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
Today I picked up a new Fenix, model D0G...

Fenix01s.jpg

Yes, finally we got a doggie, we adopted her through a foundation that rescues abused animals. We named her Fenix, because this is the 3rd time in her just 2 years long life she has to start all over again. So like the Phoenix rising from it's ashes, she makes a new start. The 'flashlight-brand-spelling' of the name is just an added bonus...

Hopefully, she will be happy in our family...

Windscale

Enlightened
What a cute little thing! I love dogs as well.

I bet you won't forget your Fenix when you walk your Fenix!

You are doing a good deed.

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quick question... what type of dog is Fenix?

(Side note:you really know you love flashlights..when you name your dog after a brand of flashlights.)

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
good luck with the cute new dog. good of you to get her there, not enough people are willing to go that route, as well as adopt an older dog. but definitely rewarding!

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
i foresee a true story...

"fenix saves the day"

but it wont be about a flashlight...;)

Crenshaw

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
That poor thing looks so scared, Im glad she has a new loving home.

Bless her Seoul.. Even if she Crees all over the floor.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cheers to you and the wife Coop.:D ....People who abuse dogs **** me off....rant mode in check now.

The next male I get I can name "shurefire" and we can see what a merger may produce.:whistle:

Give her a hug for me.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
She does indeed look scared in the pic, an she's still getting used to us. She still needs quite a while to get used to us after we've been away for a bit. But it seems that everytime it's a little bit shorter.

I hope she'll realize soon that she's here to stay and that she's going to be one of the most loved dogs on the planet...

Monocrom

Flashaholic
She does indeed look scared in the pic, an she's still getting used to us. She still needs quite a while to get used to us after we've been away for a bit. But it seems that everytime it's a little bit shorter.

I hope she'll realize soon that she's here to stay and that she's going to be one of the most loved dogs on the planet...

I'm no expert, but here's an idea that I heard from one.... Go out for short periods of time, such as half an hour; leaving the dog alone. Then when you come back, the dog will soon realize that you'll come back each time. This will help speed up the process even more.

Useful for dogs who have been abandoned in the past, and have found new Masters. I guess it could be beneficial for dogs in general.

Hope this helps. :)

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
What a cutie! Give her a big hug for me.

Please post to this thread again in a few months or so. Would love to know/see how she progresses. Thanks.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix doesn't look happy. Where did you put the batteries in?

Just kidding. Take care of that dog. She looks like she needs a loving family to treat her right.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
The picture was taken very short after she first arrived at our house, so she was very nervous.... But not too much later I took this pic:

Fenix05s.jpg

Pretty amazing. On saturday we met her for the first time, and she was scared to come within 6 feet of us and one day later she's sharing the sofa with my wife.

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bet she will be very happy now that she has a good family. Lots of us dog lovers here on CPF....you get a big :thumbsup: for this good deed, Coop.