Sam's Club Element K2

Status
Not open for further replies.

toolboy

Newly Enlightened
Appears that Sam's has a heck of little light. They just replaced the Element 3 watt with the Element 4 watt. They "claim" 150 lumens on the 4 watt vs. 80 on the 3 watt. It is a luxeon 4 watt and is really not too bad. You get a pair (2) of them for $28. It is all metal with recessesed clicky switch in rear with a larger reflector and head than the 3 watt. This is a tough little light to compete with for that price. I considere these disposable and give my leftovers to the guys I work with at the firestation. This is a great little light to throw in the pocket of our bunker pants. No tears if it gets lost or broken yet great output from 3 AAA's. You see alot of cheap junk out there at the home centers and department stores but this isn't that bad. In fact one of the guys thought it was a surefire, I had to tell him no it just performs like one. I'm sure the build quality suffers dramatically from the surefire stuff but let's face it if you can get this for $14 per light then the surefire guys are marking up the death out of their lights.

I rarely post on the LED lights, I'm an HID guy all the way. The other light I use at the station is the Barnburner 75watt HID by Xeray, now that's a light. I just thought I would let you guys on in a decent output all metal light for $14 a piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.