SureFire M900A on my favorite toy...

T

TACTICAL WAREHOUSE

fdda4bb8.jpg

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey, i just saw one of those the other day on tv. in iraq /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif spec ops guy, he too had a sweet M900 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

awesome pic dan. one day i'll have a battle rifle. preferably in .308, maybe a fal.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
not fair...

very nice though!

but...er...i only see one flashlight...certainly there's more...

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to see that on a bushmaster M17 or a G3A4!! Pie, I hope it's the one that will let me have it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Blikbok

Enlightened
Yes, current Surefire sales-- I mean tactical doctrine dictates no less than three lights per weapon, backed up by a brace of M6's and an M3.
http://communities.prodigy.net/sportsrec/gz-rooney.html

Actually, last thing I heard was they were teaching the use of a hand-held light in addition to the weaponlight with a backup on the belt. I just wish they'd put the secondary "navigation" LEDs on more weaponlights.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Dan,

Nice...

Hey Blikbok, Did you see the Swiss Army Gun at the lower right corner of your link? Even a place for you armored transportation keys. I think they only missed a plate and a cup.

Tom

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 1911 is funny! Did anyone notice S4's HID light on PK's AR /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Blikbok said:
... I just wish they'd put the secondary "navigation" LEDs on more weaponlights.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I couldn't agree more! I find that there's a high degree of usefullness when LED navigation lights are coupled with high output weaponlights, such as the Insight Technologies Inc's/Streamlight M3-LED. I thought at first it was a completely unneccesary addition, but under low-light/no-light conditions in larger, uncrowded areas, it can be extremely useful.

-Jim

Blikbok

Enlightened
Pie: I have found most flashlight doctrine to completely miss the difference between a flashlight for navigation and one for target identification. A LED beam limited in width and below the horizon line to avoid illuminating the operator or partners, is much less attention-getting than the full-on incandescent beam.

Obstacles can be more dangerous than people. We have to be able to see both.

Where did you see the M3-LED? I can't find it at Streamlight.com.

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
... Obstacles can be more dangerous than people. We have to be able to see both.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent... and Blikbok, you're right -- there is a substantial gap in the information being utilized when it comes to the navigation qualities of an LED vs target ID engagement with a high output device.

One of my co-workers has an M3-LED, but you can find more information at [url]www.insightlights.com[/url]. I think they added some more pictures as well.

-Jim

ygbsm

Enlightened
Like the setup -- how is that ACOG? I can't tell from the photo, but do you have one of those Badger tactical latches -- they are great. The only thing that has me a bit worried is that weapon looks like it on SEMI.