Headlamp search

seanflash

Newly Enlightened
Hello:
I am searching for the highest quality headlamp available. I know after doing lots of research on the LED section of this site, this is a loaded question and subject to much interpretation. In any event, my Fenix LOD Q4 and P2D Q5 lights were superb hits after researching and gathering lots of user opinions. So here goes: I am looking for a truly reliable headlamp.
Here are the musts:
Extreme durability
Weatherproof
Low, med., high output options- rotating dimmable would be best
Long runtime

Here are the extras:
LED preferred
Comfort

Thanks for any viable input.

Regards!

bezel

Newly Enlightened
Recommend the Princeton Tec EOS II available at brightguy.com.
It is a very recently updatet version of one of the most highly regarded headlamps of all time.
It does not meet your requirement of having low, medium, and high, but does have a low and high. Less is more...if the two levels turn out to be well chosen, this will be the headlamp.

Here are the advantages assuming the new updates:

True current regulation - no "flickering" in lower modes
Extremely durable, reliable, simple design
Comfortable/ergonomic/light weight/no frills
Good warranty service I hear - can't back this up because I've never had to use it.
Good color/throw/spill balance (original version lacks a good balance)
Reasonably priced compared to other top picks

My two cents...

Patriot

Flashaholic
I know that you indicated that you were looking for the highest quality available but you also mentioned that you were very happy with the Fenix lights that you purchased. Have you looked at the Zebralight models at all? The H30 has better throw and switching than the H50 but they're both nice lights if you just need something general purpose. The H30 is my most often used headlamp now.

http://www.zebralight.com/

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
there was one made in Switzerland all of stainless, extemely well made, for mining, but I cannot recall the name...
can anyone help identify it? I googed endlessly but nothing yet..

Patriot

Flashaholic
there was one made in Switzerland all of stainless, extemely well made, for mining, but I cannot recall the name...
can anyone help identify it? I googed endlessly but nothing yet..

Probably the Scurion linked in post #3?

luschnouar

Newly Enlightened
Yes the lamp from Switzerland is the scurion....
its a really, and i mean reeeeaaaaallllllyyyyy BRIGHT Headlamp, but the price is very high. But ypu will get one of the brightest LED Lamp you can buy, there it gives also now a P7 version (Seoul P7) and the runtimes are also good.
But yes its a caving lamp, its all nonmagnetic and it is not really a headlamp its to blade on a helmet. But look here....... http://scurion.ch/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1201281283

Greets

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
possibly; I do remember the mention of stainless steel, but perhaps this was an error on the poster's part..the Scurion is aluminum, then again what looks like a scew down switch on the side looks similar to the one I recall... It's over $500 -right? The Scurion may well be the elusive ss Swiss headlamp I was searching for after all, thanks guys. :)