5AQ2 now included, Beamshots comparing WE Angel A/C, NiteCore D10, Navatac 120T

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
All the talk about which light gives what lumens, I thought that I would compare the above three in our apartment living room. The three lights are a WE Angel A with a C head, a NiteCore D10 and a Novatac 120T. The first two run on AW 14500's and the third runs on an AW RCR123. All cells are charged to between 4.17 to 4.19V. Exposure is 1 sec at f4.8 100 ASA. The target is a chair with a small black backpack and a white notepad above it, the distance is about 8 steps or yards. All on maximum output only.

Added a beamshot of a warm LED D26 5A Q2 drop-in for color comparison, same exposure.

The three lights

WE Angel A/C head

NiteCore D10

Novatac 120T

5A Q2 in a Solaforce? L2 head

Last edited:

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Beamshots comparing WE Angel A/C, NiteCore D10, Navatac 120T

The first thing that struck me was how small the NiteCore was compared to your competitors. Add that to the equation. I'll take the NiteCore. ;)

Nice shots, thanks!

Glen C

Enlightened
Re: Beamshots comparing WE Angel A/C, NiteCore D10, Navatac 120T

As always great beamshots Cernobila :)

harddrive

Enlightened
Great beamshots mate. How do you find the 5AQ2 in real life? Is it the Dereelight one you've got?

Cheers.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great beamshots mate. How do you find the 5AQ2 in real life? Is it the Dereelight one you've got?

Cheers.

Yep, I just got it today so havn't been able to do more than the beam shot....I intend to take it out when we will go for a walk along the local river in the late evening, ideal for testing lights. As you can see it is quite warmer than the others in the shots.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it just me or the 5AQ2 has more intense hotspot? Is it SMO or OP?

Cheers,
Kurni

It is OP and the reflector is deeper than normal as a result the unit is longer and does not fit in my Sniper, but I am sure that it will work in D26 SF type lights. I use it in my BigLeef single C Li-ion with a Solaforce L2 head on it which takes just about all D26 type lamps as long as they have the outside large spring that is normal on SF lamps.