Novatac Module Removal Tool?

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greetings, I was wondering if anyone on the forums knows if a tool to remove the tailcap switch from the cap itself is available for purchase anywhere? Specifically, I've replaced the stock black switch cover with a GITD one from deal extreme and I'm pretty sure that the old one was glued in some way for waterproofing. The GITD cover is just slightly smaller and thinner and I think water may get in the cap and short out the light in an extreme case. I'd like to be able to unthread the switch and seal the cover using some silicone adhesive or hot glue or whatever. Any ideas? Thanks for reading.:naughty:

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can use needle nose pliers,there are two slots adjacent to each other,open the pliers so both blades are in the slots turn anti clockwise.
That is how I did it.

Last edited:

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply, I tried that already with a very fine-tipped set of needle nose pliers and I guess I just didn't press firmly enough. Seems to be in there extremely tight and I'm afraid of the tips slipping out of the grooves and scratching the metallic surface next to the spring. I'll give it another shot and see how it turns out.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you can see any blue,red or green residue it will be loctite if it has it will be tuff to undo,but you can try putting it in boiling water first...try to loosen while the cap is warm.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get a snap ring plier, the tip is fine enough to fit and unlike needlenose pliers, the head expands when you squeeze so it's easier to apply force.

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great idea on the snap-ring's , I think I've got a set somewhere in garage, will try out tonight. Any suggestions on what sealing compound I should use for button cap?:thinking:

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
brighterisbetter,FYI both of the Novatacs I owned the switch was not glued,test the new one installed "light put together" minus the light engine and battery.This will do no harm,a tip put tissue in the battery compartment and submerge in water..this way it is easier to see it you have a leak.i.e dry tissue no leak.