Who is going to buy the Fenix E20?

portezbie

Newly Enlightened
I am preparing to buy my next light and, pending some positive reviews, I think I may go with the fenix e20. I know a lot of ppl are skeptical of this light because it only uses a q2, but right now my main light is a romisen rc-n3 and that is more than bright enough for me, and this should be brighter anyway...I think? My main concern is that I don't want to spend too much money and I would like to focus on a light with a nice beam and not too much ring or hotspot, since that is one of the main problems I have with my more powerful cree's and considering I find I use my lights more for fairly close work, 10-20 feet, more than for far away. Also I have been overwhelmingly happy with all my other fenix purchases so I am quite confident in the brand. Finally, I had been considering getting a mag drop in for a while but I can only imagine since this light is constructed for the led and for the twist head that it will function much better and I really like the idea of getting both flood and spot out of one light.
.....So....what do you guys think? Sorry, I just rambled there for a bit.

Niconical

Enlightened
I have one pre-ordered.

Price, 2 x AA format, simple operation and great regulation and runtime.

:)

portezbie

Newly Enlightened
yeah many of the same reasons I am interested in it. Not quite as good runtime as the l2d premium it seems, but pretty close and alot cheaper. Maybe I will give in and preorder one before I even see a review.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have preordered one too. The main reason is that before the coming of LED's and the recent new generation of flashlights I have used Maglites for about 20 years and the idea of a focusing head still has some appeal for me.

I plan to put a couple of lithium primaries in it and keep the E20 in my car.

TooSharp

Newly Enlightened
I preordered one to keep on my night stand. I like that it has a forward clicky and only one mode. The one mode is important in that any one in my family can pick it up and not have to worry about accidentally switching to a low or strobe mode.

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
"Also I have been overwhelmingly happy with all my other fenix purchases so I am quite confident in the brand."

that is why i havnt looked in to other brands for a nice 2xaa batt flashlight that is around 100 lumens to use as a beater light.

im really excited about the E20. right now on my mind is:

1:E20
2:ROV sportsman xtreme
3:coleman 2xaa
and i think thats it?

i wanna probably see beamshots first....but im pretty sure its a " basic light " for my " basic " needs....

LOL, i believe theres two types of nightstand lights...the low output version that u use to read, find the toliet, or check on the baby with.

then there is the one where if something goes bump in the night, grab (insert perfered weapon here) and the nightstand light.

yalskey

Enlightened
109 OTF lumens on your nightstand? You're a blinder man than me ;)

How do you know the 109 lumens is out the front? All other Fenix lights (with the possible exception of the T and TK series, and that's an educated guess) are rated at the emitter.

I know your light-hearted point still stands, but I'm wondering if you heard something somewhere to confirm the OTF lumen rating.

Thanks.

Marduke

Flashaholic
How do you know the 109 lumens is out the front? All other Fenix lights (with the possible exception of the T and TK series, and that's an educated guess) are rated at the emitter.

I know your light-hearted point still stands, but I'm wondering if you heard something somewhere to confirm the OTF lumen rating.

Thanks.

There have been some educated guesses which involve a combination of published runtime plots, probable circuit efficiency, and emitter specs.

Suffice it to say that at the current we think it's driven at, emitter lumens would be a lot higher, and would probably be a little more rounded (110 instead of 109 for example)

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the E20 was 109 emitter lumens, the efficiency of the circuit would be absolutely ridiculous (think, ~60%), considering it's boosting by about 1V. Of course, it could be 109 emitter lumens, but fenix's reputation for efficiency would take such a nose dive, it doesn't bear thinking about!

If it's 109 emitter lumens, then efficiency is a much nicer number.

Of course, this depends on the runtime graphs being valid, which is currently unknown.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will !!

I didn´t pre-ordered one yet. I am still waiting for some reviews... but I´m gonna buy it.

TooSharp

Newly Enlightened
109 OTF lumens on your nightstand? You're a blinder man than me ;)
I also have an E01 there as well for checking on the kids. I just wanted the E20 for the bump in the night type of light. Something that is easy to turn on, no nonsense type of light.

portezbie

Newly Enlightened
You have all bolstered my resolve to get one, not that I needed a lot of pushing, this will in all likelihood be my next light

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have been thinking about it but i am going to wait for some reviews.

copierguy_mobile

Newly Enlightened
I'll probably buy a couple as gifts. The price is very good and it will seem like uber light to my stock MiniMag toting coworkers (who are flashaholics and just don't know it yet ;)).

-Greg

Enlightened
I have one on order. I'm dying to see how well the adjustable beam works. The only other adjustable lights I have are Mag LEDs. :sick2:

Mark