Mightylite .5w led mini lantern

DaveG

Enlightened
I gave a 3-aaa version of that light as a gift and if I remember right part of the body is metal. Look on line for UCO candle lantern, its the same maker.

jerry i h

Enlightened
I have this light, and do NOT like it. Firstways, the LED is the Nichia Rigel. So, if you are curious about this particular LED, buy it and be amazed (no-unimpressed and ho-hum...). The barrel is indeed aluminum (I verified this by stabbing it many times with a pocket knife, and produced a shower of metal shards). However, the bezel and critical tail-cap is plastic.

The main failure: the on/off switch is cheapo plastic doo-hickey; not good.

The light intensity as a flashlight: not quite as good as a 2AA mini-m*g LED thingie. If you pull up on the bezel, it becomes a lantern. Here, I do like it; not quite as good as my gold-standard Sylvania Mini-Lantern, but pretty good and an adequate substitute.

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 2 of these lights and I am curious if it is possible to replace the LED w/ another up 2 date ones?

Any reputable CPF'ers out there that can make this possible?

Illum

Flashaholic
I have 2 of these lights and I am curious if it is possible to replace the LED w/ another up 2 date ones?

Any reputable CPF'ers out there that can make this possible?

Rigel's power requirements are Vf = 3.5V ILED = 150ma
If you replace it with a CREE [XP-E] it'll be running quite happily. XR-E will work as well, but I'm not sure if it'll fit:thumbsup:

While $16 is not alot to ask, if that regulator board is horribly inefficient and the build is flaky theres gonna be some :whoopin: