Sad news about our Administrator Roy

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
I was very saddened to have just received a private message from the daughter of our CPF Administrator Roy Bost, in which she says that Roy has passed away.

Here is the site with the tragic news.
http://obits.nj.com/DallasMorningNew...onID=113814761

Since I don't feel comfortable giving out her private email, if you want to send any message of condolence to Roy's Family, please just send it to me by private message and I will forward a copy to Roy's daughter's private email.

Here is a copy of the letter I received from Roy's daughter today:

This is Miranda, Roy's daughter. I was trying to post in regards to the passing of my father, but wasn't sure how to create a post. Could you please post the following information? I apologize for having to break the news this way; I didn't have any other contact information for the Candle Power group, but I know y'all meant a lot to him.

Sincerely,
Miranda

Roy W. Bost
Bost, Roy W. GRANBURY - Roy W. Bost, 65, died Friday, July 18, 2008 at Granbury. Funeral services will be 3 p.m.Tuesday, July 22, 2008 at Martin's Funeral Home Chapel with interment at HollyHills Memorial Park.Mr. Bost graduated from BryanAdams High School, Dallas in 1961, attended the University of Texas, Austin 1961-1965; and was in the U.S. Army for 15 years. He retired from TXU in 2001 after 18 years of service.Among his many hobbies, he was a member of the HoodCounty Amateur Radio Club, Skywarn and the Candlelight Flashlight Forum. Roy was preceded in death by his sister, Nancy K. Bost. Survivors are a son, Roy Daniel Bost; daughter, Miranda Marshall and husband Mark; his parents, T. Daniel and Mary Helen Bost; Elizabeth Mathew; many loving and supportive friends. He was a loving son, father, friend, and hobby enthusiast. Martin's Funeral Home 100 S. Morgan St.Granbury, TX76048 817-573-1154

from Dallas Morning News 7/21/08

Empath

Flashaholic
Thank you Bluebeam. This is the type of message we want to know, but don't really want to hear. Some of the communications to the board is something involving only the member, and when the member can't post it, we appreciate the efforts of all those that relay it for us. Thank you.

To Roy's family and friends, our thoughts and best wishes are with you.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
His light has been extinguished but not forgotten. I am grateful for the time that I've known him on this board, even though it was from afar. His family is in my thoughts.
:candle:

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I never had the pleasure of knowing Roy personally, but I do know he was a longtime and benevolent presence in these forums. He was also a fellow Texan, from the not so far away and very pretty town of Granbury.

My sincere condolences to his family.

jtice

Flashaholic
I havnt been on here much lately, this was not the news I was wanting to come back to.

Roy was one of the good ones, I am glad to have at least known him the little I did.

:candle:
~John

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Miranda,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and the other family members.

Roy was an inspiration to me (and all of us on the forum) in his efforts involving run time plots and in his general comments and insights. His efforts and presence has been missed since his illness and we will continue to miss him now.

Tom

B@rt

Flashaholic
I'm very sorry to hear he passed away, he was an asset to CPF.

sympathy.jpg

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Roy was a great person. We will all miss him. My deepest sympathies to his family. Truly a loss for all.

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very sad news indeed. He must have really loved and cared for CPF for his family to know about it and inform us even in their sad moments.

A true hero and asset indeed, and he will be sorely missed. My deepest condolences to his family and may they carry on his light.