To the modding gods

cyberspyder

Enlightened
HOW ON EARTH DO YOU GET THE BEZEL OF THE INOVA X1 (GEN.2) OFF?! I've tried virtually everything...bashing it, rapid cooling and heating up, the 'freeze and pop' method...tell me what I've been doing wrong, or outline how you got it off. Just can't get the stubborn head off!!!!! :scowl: :scowl: :scowl: :scowl: :scowl: :scowl:

Rommul

Enlightened
Its called freeze popping.

Basically you submerge the entire light in a pool of water with the tailcap off and reinstall the tailcap while the light is underwater and after it fills up with water. Put it in the fridge and as the wtaer freezes it will expand and push the whole assembly forward and out of the light a few millimeters.

Repeat about 2 maybe three times and voila!

I'll see if I can find an old thread.

Rommul

Enlightened
Oh.

The best I can think of is to make sure that there are no air bubbles in the light. You may try to use a heatgun to melt the glue.

jchoo

Enlightened
Mine wasn't glued on, it's pressed in. When you submerge the light to fill it, use a chopstick or pencil to compress the spring loaded piston inside the light a few times to get all the air out... THEN cap it while underwater. Don't worry about the electronics; they'll be fine. I tried to get mine open twice before I figured out there was air trapped in the piston, and then on the third try the bezel popped out a good 4-5mm.