KX2 questions

braindoc

Newly Enlightened
I was able to buy a KX2 head from brightspot (great service!) in order to use it with rechargeables in a E1L body. this combination actually works very well!. The KX2 head came with a clear thinner lens which is quite different from the KL1 head of the E1L. I have read that there is also a "frosted lens" version of the KX2. Does it make any difference in the performance of the light?
The beam is quite white with a very slight greenish tint which can only be seen when it is compared side by side with the very white beam of my KL1. By itself I can't see the green tint.
Overall I'm very happy with the light.

braindoc

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was able to buy a KX2 head from brightspot (great service!) in order to use it with rechargeables in a E1L body. this combination actually works very well!. The KX2 head came with a clear thinner lens which is quite different from the KL1 head of the E1L. I have read that there is also a "frosted lens" version of the KX2. Does it make any difference in the performance of the light?
The beam is quite white with a very slight greenish tint which can only be seen when it is compared side by side with the very white beam of my KL1. By itself I can't see the green tint.
Overall I'm very happy with the light.

braindoc

I don't think you can see the difference in terms of output. The reason some of these heads have the frosted lens is to try to smooth out the beam a little bit. But it wouldn't be enough to visibly alter the brightness of the light.

And yes, brightspot is a great guy to deal with. :twothumbs

braindoc

Newly Enlightened
Tung! Where are my manners? I forgot to credit you for the excellent idea of a KX2 head on a E1L body using rechargeables. A most compact bright package.:twothumbs
braindoc

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tung! Where are my manners? I forgot to credit you for the excellent idea of a KX2 head on a E1L body using rechargeables. A most compact bright package.:twothumbs
braindoc

Thanks! No need to credit me for coming up with that idea (along with some other E-series LEGO ideas). :)

I do like the KX2-BK head on the one-cell bodies, though. You can't use an E1B with 3.7v rechargeables, so this is your best bet if you plan on using your light on a daily/nightly basis for guilt-free lumens.

e1l-bk_e1b-kx2.jpg