Single AA Cree LED light recomendations for non flashaholic collegue

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
My Work mate just saw my LED light and want one as it killed his AAA mini mag....But I dont know a great deal about LED lights.

I have a Ultrafire Cree sigle CR123 light...but thats no good to him...He wont have ready access to Cr or RCR 123's.

I need a good Bright Single mode, single AA light that is not going to break the bank..that He can order, and have shipped to him.

Idealy cheap.. hopefully cheap as poss as he probably wont understand spending lots of money on a flashlight, but has to be of usable quality for someone who knows nothing of torches.

Cree p4 or Q5 if possible.

Needs to be shipped to spain.

smopoim86

Enlightened
+1 on the RC-G2

It comes in black as well as the gray that jchoo linked too. Should be the best single AA in the sub $15 range. Just make sure your friend knows it's gonna take a min of 10 days to get anythign ordered from DX (possible 3 weeks or more).

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
Thankyou very much....Thats exactly the types of choices was looking for.

Realy appreciate the replys....they look that good I think I may have to get a few for myself!!!

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure a non-flashaholic will appreciate the long time it takes to get an order from DX or KD.

If they can spend a bit more, they can get the very excellent Fenix L1T or L1D, or the NiteCore D10. The D10 feels like quality, can be used as a single mode light, can be used as twisty, clicky, or momentary. If the colleague has half a brain he/she can figure out how to use it.

Good luck.

russwm

Newly Enlightened
I 2nd the suggestion for the Q5 version of the RC-G2 from Shiningbeam. Besides being brighter, he ships out his lights very quickly and is very responsive to emails.

Zenster

Enlightened
And I'll have to second the suggestion for the Nitecore D10.

I think it would be a perfect light for a muggle (non-flashaholic :) ) because it's very simple UI is easy to master in a few moments, and it's low to high capability will serve a muggle well for a very long time and in a variety of situations.
Plus, it uses the ubiquitous AA single cell which is a comforting thought to anyone who wants to know that they can get batteries anywhere (including from a neighbor's wall clock when they aren't looking :devil: )

Even though the operation of the D10 is hardly any more difficult than an on-off switch, your friend will think he's a genious when he pulls it out and dazzles his other friends after dark with his skilled use of a "sophisticated" light that put's any 3-cell Maglite to shame.