Surefire in the Novel My Wife is Reading

da.gee

Enlightened
So my wife comes into my office tonight and tells me there is a Surefire flashlight in the novel she is reading. She's a big spy, murder novel type gal and the book is "Shoot Him If He Runs", by Stuart Woods. Sure enough, right near the beginning of Chapter 31:

Stone pulled into a driveway, turned around and started back toward 601. "Is that one of those lithium-battery flashlights?"

"Yes," she said, "a Surefire.""

Crazy. Kudos to the wife for noticing and telling me. Could have something to do with the G2L on her bedside, or the three Surefires on my side, or those Surefires in my office, or the two downstairs, or...well, you get the idea.

Last edited:

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Surefire in My Wife's Novel

Oh great. Now you've got me thinking I'd like to pick that Stuart Woods book up from the local library. Another excuse for a sleepless night.

Edit: just placed a hold on it from the Multnomah County Library's website.

Last edited:

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oh no, don't get these guys creating a lights in novels thread:crackup:

da.gee

Enlightened

Great idea! Of course my first question to her: did they say which model?

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast

I thought you meant that your wife was writing a novel...and my first question was, "Did she mention CPF?"

da.gee

Enlightened
I thought the same thing when I read my title. I changed it.

LEDMaster2003_V2

Newly Enlightened
On page 176 off the paperback edition of Tom Clancy's Net Force: State of war a SureFire M6 was mentioned:

"From the position of his hands, (a guard) Junior (one of the antagonists in this novel and an assassin) could tell that the flashlight must have a button in the butt. It was probably one of those fat, stubby tactical cop lights, most likely a Sure-Fire M6. If so, it was going to flare like a movie spotlight when the guard turned it on. Those things put out five hundred lumens, and cost two-fifty, three hundred bucks."

He just left it there after he iced the guard. I would have taken it!