How do you rejuvenate an old screw base bulb flashlight?. . .

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stick a C. Crane triple LED replacement bulb in it's place! That once anemic, spotty, and sickly yellow beam has been replace with a bright, well focused, and white light. I put it in a flashlight that I hadn't been using (my first flashlight I ever got which ended up sitting in my drawer not being used). Now, it has become one of the first lights I will grab when I need a light! It was $22, but I believe it was worth it to rejuvinate my first flashlight.
smile.gif

3_Bulb_LED.gif

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i rebased a [email protected] a krypton pr bulb into a screw base.
put it and 2 5 ah d nicads into an old daylo/eveready with the old fisheye lense.
made a huge difference.
i saved the crudely made carbon filament bulb so i could go back easily.

it looks hand blown.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Snakebite:

Tell us about the 2.0V 1.2 A PR based Krypton Lamp. The last 2.0V bulb I heard about was sold at WalMart -- People dissed it as a low output SLA bulb.

What is the designation of this bulb, where can one find it, and what is its light output. It souunds as though it might be interesting in other 2R cell applications, including 2AA.

I'm frustrated in that all of the 2 cell bulbs I can find with > 1.0 A seem to have at least 2.4V and seem to be underdriven by most 2AA NiMH configurations.

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
the bulb i am talking about is probably for a sla.
they work very well in a 2c or d mag with nicd/nimh.
may be ok in a 2aa nimh but you will need to have a metal or high temp plastic bulb holder as they run hot.
i have some on hand at $.50 ea

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Snakebite:

I'd like to buy 6 at that price. Please PM me with details.

I wonder what the output would be compared to the 2.5V 1.3A Ca4rley Krypton Star I'm running in a Mag 2C with NiMHs that is rated at 41 Lumen.

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
pm sent
not sure how these compare to the carly you mentioned.
these are made by benshine
i emailed them for specs.
will post them if they respond.

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i guess only one party can own the message at a time.
but i got it and you got the reply so it is working fine.the notification email has the full text of it anyway
smile.gif

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
got a response.

Hello Delmar ,

Can I ask where you might have purchased our lamps (bulbs) from ? It's always interesting to know where some of our items end up .

The complete spec is :

2.0V 1.2A 1.5MSCP 100 Hour Krypton

Those lamps were made specifically for "First Alert/BRK Brands" to be installed into a rechargeable flashlight they made from 1990 to about 1998 or so .
If this is not the information you were looking for , let me know by return and I'll help if I can .

Regards ,

Ken
Technical Support Team
Benshine Incorporated
Leitchfield , Ky USA
phone : 270-259-6164
fax : 270-259-4660
www.benshine.com

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
btw looking at the stock maglight bulb next to these tells me that benshine may be the oem for the stock bulb.
anyone know the mscp for the stock mag bulb?
all i can tell is that these are quite a bit brighter.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Snakebite:

I'm glad it's rated at 100 hours at 2.0 V. Each 10% overdriving should decrease life by about 2/3 and increase brightness by about 40%. I should be able to push this puppie aropund 30 lumens with 2 AA NiMHs and more with Lithium AA's.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a pack of these at WalMart. I'm not sure of the #, but I think it's K141. They're 2V, 1.2amp. I've seen them in several stores, so they must be pretty popular. They also just started carrying a HPX21 Xeon bulb that puts out a good light. 2.4V, .85amp. TX

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I'll be happy to try them out when the five I've bought from Snakebite get here.