Wolf Angel A

Bullet Bob

Enlightened
I just got the Wolf Angel A light and Just wanted to give everybody a heads up on a great light. The fit and finish of the light is first rate and the gun metal grey finish is very attractive. The light sports a reverse clicky and can be set on end as a candle.
The light comes with a pocket clip and a lanyard as well as a nylon holster. The pocket clip is especially useful.
The features that make this light different and particularly useful are as follows: First the light can be powered by a single AA battery and give you 120 lumens of output. But you can also get an optional LI/Ion battery that will push that output to 180-200 lumens and that to me is versatile.
The next feature of the light is that you can order the light in one of several user modes. You can get a High/Low or you can get a High/Med/Low and High/Med/Low/Strobe.
The next feature I like is the fact the light comes on in high and then a momenatry push on the tailcap drops the light to the other modes. A very simple UI.
I was going to buy a SF backup as it had the two mode feature and always came on in High but now this light offers me all of that and more output. So now the Sf is no longer needed.
I got the LI/Ion battery with the charger and the light works great with this combo. The Q5 Cree really puts out in a very compact package. The head on the light is slightly smaller than the Fenix 1D I have as on the Wolf its no larger than the rest of the body of the light. The light is slightly longer than the Fenix 1D but it makes a very nice tactical package to grab a hold of in a emergency situation. I got 3 of these from Pacific Tactical with two of these going to friends and I think everyone is going to like these lights.

Last edited:

yalskey

Enlightened
Thanks for that info... I've never heard of this light, and now it is looking quite tempting.

I'm betting the 200 lumens is at the emitter, and it's about 130 to 140 out the front. That's about all you can expect off a single cell.

How's the beam pattern? Flood, tight spot?

I'm hoping it's more floody than a thrower. To me, floody lights make a better EDC because most of your common tasks are up close / indoors... but YMMV.

Bullet Bob

Enlightened
The beam has a good hot spot with very good spill. The different levels make the light very user freindly in a wide variety of applications. The low setting is plenty of light in a total dark envrioment and gives a smooth beam dispersion. The reflector is a mild orange peel. less than I've seen on others but definitly not smooth. a nice balance. The fenix is smooth.
The output on high is definetly brighter than the fenix l1D with a lithium AA even though the head is slighly smaller.

Last edited:

Bullet Bob

Enlightened
With the li/ion battery Wolf is claimimg 160 lumens out the front end and I believe it. The hot spot is not as intense as the fenix; it's a little broader at the same distance but the Wolf is definetly brighter. I like the longer length rather than the shorter for a tactical situation with a firearm. I have larger hands so the light just fills my hand in length and I don't have to fumble with getting it positioned in my hand like a shorter light; so for me the length is a blessing ergonomically speaking.

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
First the light can be powered by a single AA battery and give you 120 lumens of output. But you can also get an optional LI/Ion battery that will push that output to 180-200 lumens and that to me is versatile.

Are you sure about the 120 lm / AA claim? If so, you must have a "special" Angel A that can get 100+lm out of a 1.2 - 1.7V AA. Mine (and as far as I know everyone else's) is lucky to push 50lm out the front on AA - but it does get decent runtime. It is very bright on a 145000 though!

Glen C

Enlightened
Gadgetnerd, there are two versions of the AA Angel now, one which has long 18 hr runtime at 50 lumens on AA, the other which has 120 lumens for 45 minutes. Hope that helps.

I think like you, it is pretty bright on 14500! :)

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
Gadgetnerd, there are two versions of the AA Angel now, one which has long 18 hr runtime at 50 lumens on AA, the other which has 120 lumens for 45 minutes. Hope that helps.

I think like you, it is pretty bright on 14500! :)

Thanks Glen, looks like I should have waited a bit longer before getting one :)

Glen C

Enlightened
No need to wait mate, I sent you a PM with a few thoughts in it, you probably haven't seen it yet. Cheers