Jetbeam Jet-1 Pro

brucec

Enlightened
Hi All,
Does anyone know if Jetbeam ever ironed out the issue with efficiency on the medium setting? Also, does this light have any inductor hum? Thanks!

Bruce

Rzr800

Enlightened
Hi All,
Does anyone know if Jetbeam ever ironed out the issue with efficiency on the medium setting? Also, does this light have any inductor hum? Thanks!

Bruce

It's not very often that one gets the proverbial 'snub' :poke:;) for more than a few days on the simplest of questions up here...yet the JetBeam AA lights seem to time and again live up to their "red-headed-stepchild" reputation...whether it be requests for advance CPF approved reviews on the latest model; circuitry efficiencies; R2 to Q5 downgrades and now even 'we're just not going to do it' forward clickies. :dedhorse:

The Jetbeam Jet I pro IBS will be looked back to as one of the first major 'flagship' lights up here on CPF that was not offered up for advance review and certainly the beginning of a trend that has begged questions such as the above to be asked much more often...with no reply whatsoever offered up for days on end.

Bottom line...we screwed ourselves by not pushing back harder as the manufacturers got away with refusing to send lights to our reviewers more and more often...with our distributors claiming that there was absolutely no way to fill the gap or even split the costs...'whatsoever'. :eek:

And when you witness threads started like this with absolutely no help rendered?...one can very plainly see why we don't see as many lights reviewed up here on CPF nor the simplest of questions ever put to rest (if we don't back up each other and make note of inconsistencies...we'll neither receive anything better nor deserve it either).

From light-reviews.com:
http://light-reviews.com/jetbeam_jet-1_pro/
"...The Bad - Circuit doesn't seem to be relatively efficient on the medium level...."

From the 'not-even-the-same-light-but-kinda-like-the-next-one-never reviewed...review' from selfbuilt (who simply and very understandably waits for lights to be sent out to him):
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/194877
"..As JetBeam has pointed out, the circuit has some efficiency problems at the med/high output range on NiMH. For ex, the Default Hi and "50%" flash level (which are both just slightly lower output than max) have equivalent runtime to max..."

Last edited:

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened
It's not very often that one gets the proverbial 'snub' :poke:;) for more than a few days on the simplest of questions up here...yet the JetBeam AA lights seem to time and again live up to their "red-headed-stepchild" reputation...whether it be requests for advance CPF approved reviews on the latest model; circuitry efficiencies; R2 to Q5 downgrades and now even 'we're just not going to do it' forward clickies. :dedhorse:

The Jetbeam Jet I pro IBS will be looked back to as one of the first major 'flagship' lights up here on CPF that was not offered up for advance review and certainly the beginning of a trend that has begged questions such as the above to be asked much more often...with no reply whatsoever offered up for days on end.

Bottom line...we screwed ourselves by not pushing back harder as the manufacturers got away with refusing to send lights to our reviewers more and more often...with our distributors claiming that there was absolutely no way to fill the gap or even split the costs...'whatsoever'. :eek:

And when you witness threads started like this with absolutely no help rendered?...one can very plainly see why we don't see as many lights reviewed up here on CPF nor the simplest of questions ever put to rest (if we don't back up each other and make note of inconsistencies...we'll neither receive anything better nor deserve it either).

From light-reviews.com:
http://light-reviews.com/jetbeam_jet-1_pro/
"...The Bad - Circuit doesn't seem to be relatively efficient on the medium level...."

From the 'not-even-the-same-light-but-kinda-like-the-next-one-never reviewed...review' from selfbuilt (who simply and very understandably waits for lights to be sent out to him):
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/194877
"..As JetBeam has pointed out, the circuit has some efficiency problems at the med/high output range on NiMH. For ex, the Default Hi and "50%" flash level (which are both just slightly lower output than max) have equivalent runtime to max..."

The Light-Reviews "review" was for the Jet-I R2 (first version with the older UI). Jetbeam is releasing an upgrade pill for this light to address the "efficiency" issue. The new upgrade pill will use the improved user interface (UI), which is now in all JETBeam lights (The I.B.S. Circuit). Upgrade pills were offered to all those that wanted to upgrade. To date we've only sold 3 upgrade pills to customers that originally purchased thel R2 Jet-I (of which over 100 units were sold by us). The efficiency issue doesn't seem to be as big as some would like to make it out to be. If anyone feels this is a real issue please PM or email us for an upgrade pill. We ordered a few extra.

Regards,
Flavio
BugoutGearUSA.com

Last edited:

Rzr800

Enlightened
The Light-Reviews "review" was for the Jet-I R2 (first version with the older UI). Jetbeam is releasing an upgrade pill for this light to address the "efficiency" issue. The new upgrade pill will use the improved user interface (UI), which is now in all JETBeam lights (The I.B.S. Circuit). Upgrade pills were offered to all those that wanted to upgrade. To date we've only sold 3 upgrade pills to customers that originally purchased thel R2 Jet-I (of which over 100 units were sold). The efficiency issue is doesn't seem to be as big as some would like to make it out to be. If anyone feels this is a real issue please PM or email us for an upgrade pill. We ordered a few extra.

Regards,
Flavio
BugoutGearUSA.com

Selfbuilt's review and "As JetBeam has pointed out.." commentary (above) 'supposedly' referenced that exact same pill...and I say 'supposedly' because we were indeed never offered the chance to review the 'new and improved' Jet I Pro IBS..which had a downgraded LED and even different bezel/beam profile.

The OP (and myself over many months with no reply) have simply asked whether (quote) "...Jetbeam ever ironed out the issue with efficiency on the medium setting..." (end quote).

Again, WE (the customer) felt that efficieny was an issue....selfbuilt indeed confirmed our suspicions (then never received another single AA light for review) while Jetbeam (according again to selfbuilt) pointed it out also.

I had to finally cancell my pill order not because I wasn't interested in finding out for myself (which has been our only $29 choice beyond purchasing a $79.99 light that is already apprently out of production with no firm date in regards to another http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=181066 post#9)...but simply because I have pointed all of this out for months now...which culminated in my commentary above and an insistence that what CPFers view as important ('flagship' lights for review; acknowledged inefficiency corrections) is indeed worthy of discussion.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/203173&page=3 (post #80)

This will be my last post up here on CPF and I just wanted to thank every one of you guys including Flavio and Citivolus for providing me great products; educating me beyond words on a variety of topics and simply being decent friends.

Many of my points in regards to what I see as an ideal /healthy manufacturer/distributor/board member relationship are obviously not evidently getting across on a regular basis and I do not want to be viewed as poisoning other relationships as a result.

Good luck to and may God Bless all of you; you're great people and a fine community; which you should be proud. :thumbsup: :thanks:

Cheapskate

Enlightened
Anyone know the cost of this pill?

Does it drive the R2 harder with resultant higher output like some of the newer IBS lights?

I think there is a bit too much fuss over the inefficiency of the medium setting. It is hardly needed really IMO. The low is pretty bright for a low, rendering the medium of doubtful utility anyway. I just pretend it is a two level light and leave it at that.

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened
Anyone know the cost of this pill?

Does it drive the R2 harder with resultant higher output like some of the newer IBS lights?

I think there is a bit too much fuss over the inefficiency of the medium setting. It is hardly needed really IMO. The low is pretty bright for a low, rendering the medium of doubtful utility anyway. I just pretend it is a two level light and leave it at that.

The upgrade pill comes with a Cree Q5 and the new IBS UI, however output seems to be brighter with the Cree Q5 than it did with the R2.

Regards,
Flavio
BugoutGearUSA.com