Fake cops bright lights

flashburn72

Newly Enlightened
Seen this on the news in NW Ohio. Three men around the age of 20 were using their extremely bright flashlight to impersonate police officers.
They would pull up in their car turn on the light and order people to the ground.
These bone heads even video taped what they were doing.
They were caught when they rolled up on undercover cops and tried to do it to them.
I seen the video and could not believe peoples reaction to the light.
They dropped to the ground instantly.

LightJaguar

Enlightened
My buddy told me that he once pulled into his parking lot to park his car. It was night time and there was a drunk guy standing right on his parking spot. The guy did not move and just looked at my buddy. My buddy used his dexlight X1 to signal to the guy to move out of the way. He said that he lit up the light and quickly moved it from one side to the other. Once he got out of his car he said the drunk just stood there staring at him and told him "what?". My buddy then said that he told him "I flashed you so that you would get out of my my so that I could park my car". The drunk guy then said "oh I thought that you were a police officer because you have that bright light, you should not do that to people".

Illum

Flashaholic
easy does it:whistle:

First lasers now this, man...I hope hotwires don't get listed under state laws:ohgeez:

Last edited by a moderator:

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great. Just what we need. Now they're are going to be anti-lumen activist screaming for regulations on how bright a flashlight can be for "civilians".

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
My buddy told me that he once pulled into his parking lot to park his car. It was night time and there was a drunk guy standing right on his parking spot. The guy did not move and just looked at my buddy. My buddy used his dexlight X1 to signal to the guy to move out of the way. He said that he lit up the light and quickly moved it from one side to the other. Once he got out of his car he said the drunk just stood there staring at him and told him "what?". My buddy then said that he told him "I flashed you so that you would get out of my my so that I could park my car". The drunk guy then said "oh I thought that you were a police officer because you have that bright light, you should not do that to people".

LOL, I've gotten that before. Usually when I'm telling some idiot to put his drink inside. They usually go "I thought you were a cop so I just stood here"

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
easy does it:whistle:

First lasers now this, man...I hope hotwires don't get listed under state laws:ohgeez:

Imagine what the legislation would look like?

"no hand held illumination device with an operating voltage of 7.2-21.6 volts may be carried openly in public or across state lines. Violation is subject to a fine of no more than 5,000 dollars or one year in a federal, rape-you-in-the-butt, prison"

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great. Just what we need. Now they're are going to be anti-lumen activist screaming for regulations on how bright a flashlight can be for "civilians".[/quote]:mad:

My first thoughts as well. I would hope the perps now EDC their light in a "forced posterior carry", bezel end first!, or even SIDEWAYS!

Last edited:

stitch_paradox

Enlightened
Seen this on the news in NW Ohio. Three men around the age of 20 were using their extremely bright flashlight to impersonate police officers.
They would pull up in their car turn on the light and order people to the ground.
These bone heads even video taped what they were doing.
They were caught when they rolled up on undercover cops and tried to do it to them.
I seen the video and could not believe peoples reaction to the light.
They dropped to the ground instantly.

The question is what are their names here in CPF. :oops:

TexLite

Enlightened
The question is what are their names here in CPF. :oops:

OK guys,own up,who was it?
crackup.gif

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
stitch_paradox, that was my reaction to the story, too. Reminds me of another story a few years ago, in which a guy was arrested for pointing a green laser at an aircraft. At that time too, some wondered if the offender was a CPF member. Not a good reflection on our hobby, whether or not they visit CPF.

stitch_paradox

Enlightened
stitch_paradox, that was my reaction to the story, too. Reminds me of another story a few years ago, in which a guy was arrested for pointing a green laser at an aircraft. At that time too, some wondered if the offender was a CPF member. Not a good reflection on our hobby, whether or not they visit CPF.

You gotta admit, there are lots of matured and responsible guys here at CPF but there are some young and stupid juvenile as well.

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
Imagine what the legislation would look like?

"no hand held illumination device with an operating voltage of 7.2-21.6 volts may be carried openly in public or across state lines. Violation is subject to a fine of no more than 5,000 dollars or one year in a federal, rape-you-in-the-butt, prison"

That's not bad. It'd just kill All of surefire's medium guns.

But I can still have my 200-300 lumen single cell LED and my Mag Hotwires.:twothumbs

This story reminds of me the story from the 1920s where a guy installed a flashing light on his car and robbed people.