Lights are GREAT for helping you clean up.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
So in anticipation of school starting soon, i decided to clean my room. no, reallllly clean up my room, take out EVERYTHING and get to the walls and stuff with cleaner, and get it really spotless. So i am now sitting in an empty room, empty except for alot of my lights sitting on the shelf in front of me. All my stuff is outside in the living room, waiting to be moved back in tomorrow.

Anyway, during the big cleanup, my lights came in soooo handy, i dont know how i ever survived cleaning up with out them. For some reason, ambient lighting just doesnt cut it, my lights help me spot dirt, stains, and even wierd bugs clinging to the wall that are vacuumed away by my Rainbow vacuum cleaner at once.

The light that got the most use? my ROP-HI and my Kingpower K2.

the ROP really out did it self, i had to charge it twice in the past two days that ive spent cleaning up. The kingpower got to sit there, on, cos its the only one that didnt heat up considerably if i just left it there. my ML1 would probably overheat in about 5mins.

However, if there is one thing i have learnt, is EXACTLY how useful a full FLOOD light is. and at the same time, a headlamp...so i have finally resolved to get myself a Zebralight H30.

i love my lights! they help makes things SO much easier...

Crenshaw

PS: Also need to get the headlamp because wearing a baseball cap just to be able to clip a light onto it is NOT very flattering over webcam...:ohgeez:

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
always spot a ton of dust everywhere with the lights

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can see all the spots where the painters used a slightly off-color paint. Normally it's invisible with the regular household lighting. Kinda bugs me. I'm a bit of a perfectionist. I'm way past punchlist status now; I'd rather not have known. Darn lights...

TDKKP

Enlightened
For a flood light I just open the head and it will be ALL flood.

Illum

Flashaholic
when I read the title I was playing with my mag85 and I thought you were fighting water with fire:green:

yeah, it clearly illuminates every inch of dust, hair, and mold in the bedroom, bath, and garage...not a very exciting thing for the mother [or in your case, the wife] to see:shakehead:)

Darkpower

Newly Enlightened
I agree. A good strong 140 lumen hot spot can expose dust bunnies where they hide. :D

Ninjaz7

Enlightened
Are you kidding me,everytime I let a buddy see one of my lights...they point to the darkest corner in the room,They're dust bunny hunting...

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
IM still cleaning up right now....and my ROP ran out of batteries again...:ohgeez:

oh well....time to charge. My room smells like a swimming pool now, i didnt know bleach smelt like chlorine. Im doing the whole bleach+water = good disinfectent. except, mine is "CIF powerspray with bleach" lol

the ROP is about 700lumens though...lol!

Crenshaw

Stromberg

Enlightened
Flashlights are very handy when you have to search broken glass from the floor. Wife accidentally broke some cup and I wanted to make sure that all shards was found, so I took my Terralux TLE-5EX(Seoul) modded Minimag 2AA and hunted all shards from the parquet. Just place the flashlight at the floor and sweep it like radar.

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SF M6 works great to locate and clean out cobwebs in the nooks and crannies of open-beam, vaulted ceilings.

scaredofthedark

Enlightened
IM still cleaning up right now....and my ROP ran out of batteries again...:ohgeez:

oh well....time to charge. My room smells like a swimming pool now, i didnt know bleach smelt like chlorine. Im doing the whole bleach+water = good disinfectent. except, mine is "CIF powerspray with bleach" lol

the ROP is about 700lumens though...lol!

Crenshaw

bleach is sodium hypochorite. so it is chlorine

but why do you need a webcam on when you're cleaning?

Darkpower

Newly Enlightened
This thread has given me an idea! Make vacuum cleaner hose attachments with powerful Cree Q5 lampheads!! :sssh:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread has given me an idea! Make vacuum cleaner hose attachments with powerful Cree Q5 lampheads!! :sssh:

haha, i rubber band-ed a light to the end of my vacuum cleaner tube....only to discover that it had a donut hole....need to invest in a Zerbralight....:ohgeez:

hmmm...friend who is over in arizona studying...

Crenshaw