New Flupic for my FFIII

liteMANIAC

Newly Enlightened
I have a FFIII and it has been acting up on me so I bought a new flupic board to replace the old one. The new one just came today but the part where the battery makes contact is different from the flupic board that is in the FF originally. The new one is flat while the old one extends out a little. Will this make any difference when I replace it? Thanks

The old one

The new one

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is just a solder blob for the battery contact. If you can't do it yourself, send it to me with a SASE envelope, and I'll take care of it for you. Drop me a PM for my address.

It may be easier to find someone in Canada, though.

liteMANIAC

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the quick reply!! Is there a special way to do it or do you just put some sodering on it?

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for the quick reply!! Is there a special way to do it or do you just put some sodering on it?

Heat the tip of your soldering iron to where solder melts instantly. Use a little paste flux on the board, and touch the tip of the iron to the center of the contact area. When the flux turns liquid and flows, touch the solder to the area near the tip of the iron, and melt in a little puddle of solder. Remove the tip, and let the puddle cool into a nice dome shape.

liteMANIAC

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the generous offer, but I would like to try to so this myself. I am not very skilled with sodering, my only experience is with swaping LEDs. I'm going to have to have a look through my dads work shop to see if he has some flux paste. Is the flux paste to keep the solder from going where I dont want it or does it help it bond to the board? One more question, its probly pretty obvious, but after I put the blob of solder down to I have to file it down?

Thanks

cyberspyder

Enlightened
Thanks for the generous offer, but I would like to try to so this myself. I am not very skilled with sodering, my only experience is with swaping LEDs. I'm going to have to have a look through my dads work shop to see if he has some flux paste. Is the flux paste to keep the solder from going where I dont want it or does it help it bond to the board? One more question, its probly pretty obvious, but after I put the blob of solder down to I have to file it down?

Thanks

No, the paste isn't necessary if you have rosin cored soler...it has the flux incorporated in the wire. Heat up the board, melt a blob of solder, take iron off and it should be good.

Russki

Enlightened
Come on man, if you not sure how to handle solder blob, how you going solder those tiny wires to board? Let some one else help you before you destroyed board.:poof:

Latest posts